Sourcing Red Suede Boots

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Obsidius
TKID: 76253

Sourcing Red Suede Boots

Post by Obsidius »

First time caller :)

I'm doing research for my wife's costume and was wondering on sourcing red boots for a ROTJ/ ROTS build, since we haven't yet narrowed down which one we want to do. Part of that decision lies in how hard it would be to source red suede boots.

I was looking at these boots and was wondering if they'd be acceptable for the CRL:

http://www.shiekhshoes.com/p-99063-shie ... s-red.aspx

They don't look quite like the CRL photo and the design is slightly different, but they look like a decent set of no-frills red suede boots. I'm worried that the toe will be too round vs what the CRL requires.

Given the difficulty in finding red suede boots, I'm not sure what my other options are, besides just going with the ROTS CRL and using black jack boots.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Sourcing Red Suede Boots

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

They almost work, the elastic at the back might be an issue though. Depending on your budget and if you can wait a bit, imperial boots is a great spot as many other guards will tell you, Although, I just bought a pair for myself and they look quite nice, if you want I can message you the link to both sites.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

I believe this type of boot has been used by several people for their builds.

Obsidius
TKID: 76253

Post by Obsidius »

Starwarsgeek18 wrote:They almost work, the elastic at the back might be an issue though. Depending on your budget and if you can wait a bit, imperial boots is a great spot as many other guards will tell you, Although, I just bought a pair for myself and they look quite nice, if you want I can message you the link to both sites.
It's good to have options. If you could PM me the site and approx. pricing I'd be thankful. Do they make the red boots or just the black ones?
stripes wrote:I believe this type of boot has been used by several people for their builds.
That's good to know, especially since it's hard to find red suede boots with a more pointed toe; must be more of an '80s thing since I've seen some listing on Etsy for vintage boots of this style, but already sold.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

These will fine for you to use for the guard. Proceed.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Gruff
TKID: 11014

Post by Gruff »

I bought these and they work great.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ENMAYER ... 211acd44e0

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

Those would be great, if they came in a size larger than a womens' 9...? That's something like a 7.5 in mens, right? Who has feet that small?

As for AliExpress - good luck. I tried ordering a pair of boots through there, and ended up with some frilly white socks instead, some ridiculous excuse for a note in half broken English that as far as I can tell translates into an apology and begging not to blame them for sending the wrong thing. I tried to get a refund, but am now at the point of disputing the charge with my bank because the seller couldn't even bother to entertain my refund request with even so much as an acknowledgement that they received it.