Allan1313's TFU Royal Guard Build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Allan1313's TFU Royal Guard Build

Post by stripes »

You'll want to trim the spats and shind down so that they don't pinch together. The way you have them now you're asking for either a broken ankle or some serious armour bite

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

stripes wrote:You'll want to trim the spats and shind down so that they don't pinch together. The way you have them now you're asking for either a broken ankle or some serious armour bite
That's what I was thinking too. The little bit I did walk around they were hitting together. My spats are pretty big right now . I will trim them and maybe the when armor too after I trim the spats. Thanks for the input.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

Ok I have been busy the last week or so painting and making the back plate. For the back plate I started with a TK back plate and cut out the 0 II part and extended it a little.

The back plate is now all primed and waiting for paint. It has been too humid the last few days to paint.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

Here is the painting I have gotten done recently. The shoulders, chest, spats, and shins.

I also started to put some snap plates in for the internal strapping.

The last thing I was able to do was strap up one of the shins. I think it came out pretty good so far.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Doing well on your WIP progress... keep us posted.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

So I was able to strap up both legs.

I was then able to strap up the rest and suit up. I am pretty satisfied with most of it. There are a few things I can fix up a bit. The belt was a little off center which threw the kama a bit off. I have a bit too much padding at the top of my helmet which makes it sit a little high. So how's it looking??

I also go the last parts I needed for my saber pike, so I will start that build next.

Let me know what you think :trsuit:
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The flightsuit is looking very baggy. It should be a tighter fit and not bunch up like it is now. The back plate is also still clearly showing the groove marks and could stand for more filling and sanding....

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

The flight suit I can fix pretty easy. I will put some stirrups on the legs to keep them from riding up and bunching at the top of the boot. I will do something similar with the sleeves to keep them from bunching when I put the forearms on.

The back plate it a little more tricky. Its a little hard to tell from the pictures, but they are smooth with no holes or lines, its just that its not entirely flat. So this makes it looks not smooth. I basically have 2 options for that, cut it apart again and use more panels so it lays flatter or try to find someone selling a backplate.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Please have a look at your spats too.
They should be go from the ground over the boot to the ground.
Like in the pictures of the model.