Allan1313's TFU Royal Guard Build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Allan1313's TFU Royal Guard Build

Post by Allan1313 »

So here are the main references I will be using:

I have begun acquiring the things needed for the build. I have a helmet that I will be using for my AOTC guard (almost done with that, waiting on the robes from my seamstress), I just got a TK chest plate, I have a plain black jumpsuit that I will be removing the pockets from, and a sheet of white abs that I will be making the shin guards, back plate, forearms, and spats with.

I bought some TK shoulder bells that I will be modifying by cutting them short and adding the duck bill to.

Looking at the crl it asks for riding boots. Would jack boots like this work?

And just one for fun :trsuit:
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Re: Allan1313's TFU Royal Guard Build

Post by Force Crush »

Nice!

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

Had some time today to work on the forearms/vambraces. I measured my forearms to be about 11" from my wrist to elbow. The circumference near the elbow was about 13" and around 12" near the wrist which would allow my hand to still pass through. I measured 13" and cut there (it looks crooked because the other half was on a slightly higher table).

Here are the 2 pieces cut to 13"x11"

I tried to bend the 2 sides together to see how it would look. It is too thick/resilient.

Here it is in the process of using a heat gun to give it some bend.

The measurement to give the vambrace better shape and not be so large at the wrist.

Next I put a strip on the underside on each vambraces to get the closing started. I am using E6000 so I will let that set for a day and come back tomorrow :trsuit:
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

I am also hoping someone can help me with the shins. I am seeing different things and before I start to make them I want to make sure I am making them the right shape. The TFU shadow guard crl has them "flat" on the bottom and the top has the "sides" cut at an angle and the middle section is like a "v", skinny at bottom and fatter at top. I have also seen it where the top and bottom of the sides are cut and the middle section is flat with no angles.

Here is a picture from the crl that shows both when the main image is clicked on.

Then there is this model that I have seen that shows the flat, or 2nd type I am talking about.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model. ... 945a063dd2

I am leaning towards the flat type with the top and bottom corners cut. Thanks!
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I have sense gotten the pep files and have made this costume. I will get a pic of the red shins for you.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I have sense gotten the pep files and have made this costume. I will get a pic of the red shins for you.
Great thanks! I know you are the expert around these parts, so I have another question. Can jack boots be used of do they need to be more of the riding/equestrian type?
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Riding boots or the Captain 100 boots can be used for these. You will need to scale your shins to the boot height on these. Jack boots are too short for this costume.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

These boots should work. They are not that far below my knee caps.
They are about 3" below the knee cap
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

So I made some measurements and cut out the pieces for the back, shins, spats, and ab.
The back plate:
The spats:
The shins:

Cut lines for the ab and the end result, 10"x10" square that I will add the raised details to.

Cut and bend lines for the shins

Next I took a heat gun and bent the sides of the shins in place. I went with the subtle "V" look for the front facing portion of the shins.
Looking at the references, it looks like mine are a bit too long on the sides and the corners are not a sharp enough angle.
I will cut about 2" off the sides and angle the tops and bottom a bit more. Does that sound better?

I also was able to glue a thicker piece of abs onto the ab plate for the details.
Once that dries I will shape it for a slight curve.

Lastly I received some TK shoulder bells that I will be modifying.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Allan1313

Post by Allan1313 »

Ok I have been working on the costume for the last few weeks and have these updates. I cut the TK shoulder bells to shape and cut out the middle raised portion near the bottom as the raised portion on the shoulder armor on the TFU guard soes not have that. I glued some backing abs on the inside and then some abs to fill the "gap". I then used a combination of miliput and bondo to fill in the cracks.

A bit more sanding and those will be ready for some paint.

Next i then painted the ab section.
While it was still wet.
After it dried for a few hours.
Image[/img]

Here is a very rough fit of the kama. I just wanted to get an idea on length and width.
I was happy with the lenth, it was just being held together by tape. I will sew it shortly.

I am still in the process of doing the forearms. For each forearm i used 2 pieces of abs and shaped them round. I glues them together and filled the seams with bondo and cut the inner elbows out a bit like it shows in the reference pictures.
Of course some more sanding is necessary. Also the other forearm is still drying from the E6000.

Lastly i did a test fitting of the shin armor and spats.

All input is greatly appreciated. Especially on the size/shape of the shin and spat armor. I would like to have it all cut and shaped before i paint it.

I also attempted to make a back plate and it was very bad :bang:
I ordered a TK back plate that i will modify.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison