Pommel of Pike ?

Grand Moff Niko

Pommel of Pike ?

Post by Grand Moff Niko »

Hi there guys.

Need some info on the pommel of the pike. I started a thread over on the RPF -

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t= ... light=pike

got some great info - but nothing spot on.

Any help here ????

Thanx , Niko.

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: Pommel of Pike ?

Post by Darth Skellington »

Not sure what to tell you. There was quite a bit of discussion about this on the old boards before they crashed.

I think the consensus was that the pommel was NOT the same as the Obi-Wan faucet hilt. The problem is the movie used pikes were not necessarily the same as the museum displayed pikes, which were refurbished or recreated. Then throw in a few good custom pikes that have been around ages, and you get a lot of confusion.

There are many faucet handles that will make good pike pommels, and many that are not so great. You could use just about anything you want as long as it resembles a movie pommel somehow. But as far as what exatly was used....hard to tell. It is my understanding that each pike was unique, so the pommels may not match, and the rasps at the top also do not all match exactly.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

While the whole each Pike is unique, concept. The Empire is a Military Faction, hence weapons will look the same. Force Pike are not to be confused as LIGHTSABERS and have different bits on them. Prime Example there are no Boat light ends on the pommel of the forcepike.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Grand Moff Niko

Post by Grand Moff Niko »

Darth Skellington wrote:Not sure what to tell you. There was quite a bit of discussion about this on the old boards before they crashed.
Ah- that's what happened. Lost some good work on that old site when I started my Gaurd many years ago.

Thanx for the info.

Jumpin Jax

Post by Jumpin Jax »

Red men tell no tales.