Rubies Supreme Edition Helmet

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

rwbowri

Rubies Supreme Edition Helmet

Post by rwbowri »

looking at the Rubies Supreme edition helmet.
would it be 501st approval
if not, what modifications would have to do on it?

Evan1701
TKID: 81989

Re: Rubies Supreme Edition Helmet

Post by Evan1701 »

I have this helmet, it is one of the more common in the Legion from what I understand. The biggest thing is making sure the color matches your robes. Some folks will repaint theirs to be exact, but you can probably find fabric to match the helmet just as easily.
Evan Schrantz
Garrison Tyranus- Serenno Squad
TR-81989- ROTJ Royal Guard
BH-81989- ESB Boba Fett
DS-81989- TFA Kylo Ren
TI-81989- FO TIE Pilot
ID-81989- Director Krennic/R1 ISB Officer

rwbowri

Post by rwbowri »

thanks for getting back to me so fast.
I want to start going on this, and want to get the helmet first then the fabric to match.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Getting fabric to match can be trickier than the other way around. You'll have to make sure to have a sample or the fabric itself in-hand to compare and have the helmet on you to match it with. Not that it can't be done, but it will be tougher.

By far the easiest route is to get fabric you want and then paint the helmet as you can order fabric online then take a swatch to a painting shop and they'll color match as closely as they can.

You'll never get a 100% perfect match either way, but the closer the better. If you take photos, make sure to take them in natural light with no flash as it'll cause problems with the color and/or make it look shinier than it actually is.

delabane

Post by delabane »

Got one of these myself, won't be using it for awhile as doing the Shadow Guard. Saving this for a Red Shadow Guard in the future. You will need to replace the visor and add padding!

Greggvh
TKID: 51901

Post by Greggvh »

This is what I used for my robe and it matched the rubies helm pretty good. Figure some day if I get scratches I will match it. The rubies helm is very large. Dont let my pics fool you. I am 6'6" at 300+. Also in these three pics you can see the helm change color verses the robe just becuase I am moving in the ligt.

http://www.joann.com/empire-velveteen-f ... en&start=2

ImageImageImage

rwbowri

Post by rwbowri »

great photos, and thanks for the information on the fabric, I shop at Joann's and once I order my Helmet, I will order from Joann's at the same time. yes light is important when taking photos

Sandico
TKID: 12774

Post by Sandico »

Greggvh wrote:This is what I used for my robe and it matched the rubies helm pretty good. Figure some day if I get scratches I will match it. The rubies helm is very large. Dont let my pics fool you. I am 6'6" at 300+. Also in these three pics you can see the helm change color verses the robe just becuase I am moving in the ligt.

http://www.joann.com/empire-velveteen-f ... en&start=2
@greggvh- Did they require you to change your visor for your TR ROTS approval?

delabane

Post by delabane »

The only reason you need to replace the visor which comes with the helmet is because you can see the wearers eyes.

The visor which comes with the helmet is screwed in. This over time in hot/cold weather can lead to micro cracks. Most people remove the visor then replace it with a new red tinted one by gluing it in or using magnets so can be removed for cleaning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh7uaxJLgFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jjXfI2fl18

TigerRider

Post by TigerRider »

Re: Rubies Helm

I am new to the group. I have been working on trying to get stuff for my IMperial Guard. I have been looking at helms. I had looked into Kamino Customs and he has a supper long waiting list. I found this reference to the Rubies available on Amazon. I just want to make sure before putting out the cash that these helms meet the requirements. I would like to have this together before the end of the year. I figure starting with the helm and pike are best for me. Then I can follow up with the robes, boots, and gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N516AA/_e ... NA89CCZ2QG

Any recommendations are appreciated. I am pretty much on my own here. No local folks to chat up.

Thanks,

TigerRider :tr: