Shadows WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Shadowbreed
TKID: 96652

Shadows WIP

Post by Shadowbreed »

Well, nothing much to show yet right now, as most things are on the way, or still taking some time before they're ready.

I would like some thoughts on fabric however.

I found cotton velvet, which I think is a pretty good color, could I have your thoughts?

Pictures are from different angles, with and without flash, and with and without bright room lighting, just to give as many looks as possible.
(I tried linking them directly, but noticed in the preview that this forum doesn't automatically resize them, so went with album link in stead)

http://imgur.com/a/TVtcs
TR-96652 - Shadowbreed

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Shadows WIP

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Hi.
Cotton velvet is a good choice.
The color seems to be good too.

Shadowbreed

Post by Shadowbreed »

So just as an update, we'll be buying the outer robe fabric on wednesday, still hunting down fabric for inner robe and lining currently.
Ideally I'd love to have the robe ready before may 4th, but I'm uncertain how realistic that is, given that we haven't fully decided on a seamstress yet.

Force pike and DH-17 are in progress, I now have a force pike WIP here: http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =28&t=2892
TR-96652 - Shadowbreed

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Gabardine or a bottom weight with the same texture will work for this. It needs to have this texture.

Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Personally I would put the DH-17 at the bottom of the priority list if you want quick approval. Focus on the required items first, and the Force Pike (if allowed in your region). The pike, although optional is part of the iconic Royal Guard look that people will recognize. Once you have your basic approval then put the time into the optional items if you still want them, namely as the DH-17 won't often be seen. Unless you find people familiar with the Royal Guards in Legends, you won't find too many people recognizing them using a DH-17 from my experience.

Other than that, the material advice is pretty spot on.

Shadowbreed

Post by Shadowbreed »

I normally would, but the DH-17 will be 3d printed, so I can do pretty quick, while the robe and especially helmet will still take quite a while.

Making the pike and DH-17 keeps me busy while waiting for the rest ;)
TR-96652 - Shadowbreed

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

I'd also suggest confirming with some of the experts what type of holster is expected. I wasn't able to find a reference to a holster on any of the CRLs posted on the 501st Sovereign Protectors pages (AOTC, ROTS, or ROTJ). All 3 show the DH-17 but none mention a holster. Assuming, of course, you aren't going to be carrying the pike and pistol at the same time.

Once you lock down a seamstress, it shouldn't be months to make once they start working, as they are pretty straight forward robes.

Shadowbreed

Post by Shadowbreed »

The seamstress might not take very long, but I'm not expecting the bucket for a few more months. Kamino is pretty busy I think :)

A holster should be doable, CRL in the sticky mentionss: A DH-17 heavy blaster pistol with holster, or red leather/synthetic leather holster. Holster should be standard “Imperial Issue”.
We have a local viking guild, so leather work and redoing of leather work shouldn't be much of an issue.

Meanwhile, my gloves have arrived :D
Reaches to just a bit over half my forearm.
(ignore the mess, multiple cosplays in progress right now)

TR-96652 - Shadowbreed