My AOTC Guard - Cost breakdown & photos

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: My AOTC Guard - Cost breakdown & photos

Post by JesterTDA »

I just picked up one of those blank fiber glass ones from the same South American "F" guy. Cost about $180 shipped give or take. Took a good amount of time to get here (though got here sooner than some people were warning me about), and when it arrived it was wrapped in thin bubble wrap inside a box that looked as if it had been beaten by someone looking for its lunchmoney. But the helmet is in pristine condition (makes me feel better about trooping already!) and now I've got just got lots of sanding (on the inside primarily) and painting to do.

nolekhan
TKID: 8893

Post by nolekhan »

My box looked like someone played soccer with it, but everything was fine. Mine didn't require a lot of sanding though I had to use a file on some drip in the interior.
South Texas Squad, Star Garrison
AOTC

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

I've got a few major clumps sticking out on the inside which was kinda painful when wearing it around. But I'm just going to sand those down. I just don't want to be in a position that in 2 years I'm thinking to myself, "why didn't I sand this whole thing down before I painted it!"

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Glad you guys are happy with your helmets...I love mine. I had the same experience with the box mine came in......an instant heart attalck followed by a sigh of relief. I think they use that box because it is a standard sized one available from the post office. As for their bubble wrapping strategy....I don't know. :( I'd like to think that the air space allows the box to crush without the helmet taking any impact...but I don't think that much logic is put into the process.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

magustoad

Post by magustoad »

I got my box from customprops and the sucker could have taken a bullet. Swimming in peanuts quadruple-wrapped in two sizes of bubblewrap... It was actually kind of a pita to get out.

That's just how I like things shipped.

The helm is fantastic, but had a couple of faint cracks in the paint. That made me sad, but I'll take it to a body-shop and have it done to match my robes if there is any mismatch.

I'll have them clearcoat the thing like mad to avoid any future issues.

"C" has been a fantastic guy to work with all-around.

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

Glad to hear it!

Evilscout
TKID: 4978

Post by Evilscout »

I am thinking of buying the same gloves you have. I was wanting to make sure that they would be approved for AotC. Yes or no?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

You can get them for AOTC but the more screen accurate would be Cloth.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard