Armour

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

delabane

Armour

Post by delabane »

As a child in the early 1980’s having the original Royal Guard figure (long gone now). But I remember taking off his cloak and seeing the plain brown robes. Since playing the Force Unleased, I have always imagined that all Guards wearing the same armour as Shadow Guards under their robes.

I know from a cosplay perspective you only wear robes as you don’t take them off, but is it assumed that all Royal Guards do actually wear armour under them?

I have also seen a what looks like a Red Shadow Guard, is this simply a Royal Guard showing his armour off?

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Armour

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

The armor under the robe should be similar to the one worn by Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos.
The red shadow is the red TFU guard from the video game.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

What Sascha_Wilsing said.

I believe it's implied that it's there via other sources, but was never really part of the movies... or at least was never seen in any of the movies on any Royal Guards. But other sources would indicate that there was some armoring.

The lore also indicates that the Royal Guards were gauged on force sensitivity and those that had some latent skill were honed into Imperial Sovereign Protectors. But that all falls outside standard canon and into Legends. Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor' ... rd/Legends and http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial ... _Protector

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

I think the optional additions in the CRLs sum things up the best:
Shoulder pads to allow for the armored-look without the commitment to armor.
Crimson Empire bodysuit, armour, and boots may be worn under any of the film costumes
While most people find it too hot to add any more restrictions to airflow under 3 layers of velvet and it isn't required, at least the appearance of being armored is encouraged.