Appropriate boots for Shadow Guard

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Appropriate boots for Shadow Guard

Post by Force Crush »

I was planning on buying these pair of boots on Ebay. What do you think about them? Also, they are from Russia. I wear a size 10.5 in US standards. How long or short does European boots are comparing them to US boots? What size should I buy?

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Re: Appropriate boots for Shadow Guard

Post by cooldevo »

They look ok to me, but I'll defer that to the Shadow Guard experts.

You'll want to check out a size conversion chart that includes Ukraine/Russian sizing, as that's probably what it'll be using if it's coming from Russia. One like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-foG-_HF1X3c/V ... dmb43s.png

They look like Soviet Chrome Riding/Officer boots, and will probably be designed for a snug fit. A couple of things to keep in mind:
  • they will likely be a snug fit on your foot and calf. I'd recommend adding one (maybe two) sizes from your actual size. It's easier to add insoles if they are a bit loose than to have boots that you can't even get your foot in.
  • Verify the calf size. Many of the Soviet officer boots are 15" calves, and if yours are larger than that, you'll want the wide calf variation, which is 18".

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Those are good boots for a shadow.

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

I wear size 10.5 in the United States. That correspond to a size 443 in European standards. That means that I would have to order them a size 45 or 46 in order to fit properly?

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

I measured my calf yesterday. It's around 15.5 inches.

delabane

Post by delabane »

I was thinking of getting one of these. Any comments if they would pass for 501? Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jedi-Boots-Bl ... HW_zPPu-rg

Been told these are a bit crap though:

https://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser ... th=1&psc=1

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

second ones are looking better

delabane

Post by delabane »

I was thinking that too, first line ones seem a bit wide at the top. Not found that many options online and don't want to pay stupid amounts when I don't need to. Most of the boot is covered by shin guards anyway.

Force Crush

Post by Force Crush »

Funtasma boots looks good but, because they are synthetic leather, they could break over time. Also it's good to know that boots will wear a spat on top of them. It's good to place something inside the spat to protect the boots top. A real advantage of the Funtasma boots is that they're around $60.

delabane

Post by delabane »

I agree, not bad for the price. I doubt many people will need to get close enough to notice if it's real leather or not. Perhaps if it did not have the guards and the undersuit was not black, yes you may need something better. I think it also depends on how often you wear them. I have some "pirate" style boots made of the same type of material and they have lasted 11 years now. Granted, I have only worn them about once or twice a month, not walked a huge distance and it's only now they really to be replaced. So unless you are wearing boots every weekend and walking miles, these should do I think. The only thing I don't like on any boots are zips, as they are normaly the first thing that breaks.