Canadian ROTJ

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Canadian ROTJ

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Well, finally starting this thing!!! I've emailed IB about sizes because I have orthopedic lifts, full sole so I don't wanna burst them. Kicking myself though cause the shop's closed until May. Kicking myself again cause I missed the sale with CP for the robes. https://youtu.be/c2RuyUHfdWE Lol, other than that not much has changed, looking at getting my pike in a couple weeks time. :tr:

Ootini
TKID: 41908

Post by Ootini »

Hang in there it will take a bit of work and time. Wish FP still was making them too it would give you another option at least but.... you are going in the right direction. IB boots is what I have and they are very good just measure, remeasure, and then do it again and stay on top of things. Had a rough go with the wife's boots with them and took a year before getting it right. That said quality and look of them are exceptional. I do know the wife can get her orthotic inserts inside hers no problem too there.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Uh oh, might be some complications here. Just checked CP on Ebay and by the looks of it the guard might be discontinued. Someone please tell me the dark lord hasn't twisted my mind.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Starwarsgeek18 wrote:Uh oh, might be some complications here. Just checked CP on Ebay and by the looks of it the guard might be discontinued. Someone please tell me the dark lord hasn't twisted my mind.
From all reports CP is no longer able to source the material needed to fabricate the costume

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

stripes wrote:
Starwarsgeek18 wrote:Uh oh, might be some complications here. Just checked CP on Ebay and by the looks of it the guard might be discontinued. Someone please tell me the dark lord hasn't twisted my mind.
From all reports CP is no longer able to source the material needed to fabricate the costume
Well that's great... back to hunting sources I guess. Maybe I could enlist some help, as you've probably seen by now I'm hoping to purchase most of the elements of my costume. I'll do my own search as well, but maybe I could get a recommended vendors list???

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

Starwarsgeek18 wrote:Well that's great... back to hunting sources I guess. Maybe I could enlist some help, as you've probably seen by now I'm hoping to purchase most of the elements of my costume. I'll do my own search as well, but maybe I could get a recommended vendors list???
I'm new to all of this, myself, but your best option is probably to use a local tailor. The fitting requirements for the cloak allow very little room for error, and someone close who can take a lot of measurements, and do trial fittings during the process can be a huge help.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

My problem is sourcing the velvet would probably give my wallet a heart attack, given the current exchange rate between the US and Canada.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

I'd recommend watching Fabricland as they tend to have Velveteen at 50% off for members ($30 annual fee if I remember correctly)... bonus to Velveteen is it can be washed in your machine at home and doesn't require special dry cleaning like velvet does

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

stripes wrote:I'd recommend watching Fabricland as they tend to have Velveteen at 50% off for members ($30 annual fee if I remember correctly)... bonus to Velveteen is it can be washed in your machine at home and doesn't require special dry cleaning like velvet does
Interesting, I'll have to do some looking, I know for a fact we've got one in town, might need to make a trip this weekend!!!

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

I've done both my sets in Velveteen. Being in Calgary, I know what kind of weather extremes we can get in Canada. Believe me, being able to wash the robes is a huge plus