Canadian ROTJ

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Canadian ROTJ

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Unable, saying you need to be active in the 501st to create an account.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

What's everyone's opinion on CP for the robes?

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

CP Robes are not approvable as far as i know. But please send a link so i can have a closer look.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Ok. First look seems to be ok.
But just 3 sizes ?
I think you will have to go to a seamstress and have it adjust to your body and size afterwards.
So it will fit you.

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

I'd definitely be happy to dig a bit deeper about sizing, and there's a couple mods I'd probably wind up doing, like scrapping the clips for the belt and attaching it to the larger piece, but if it passes your inspection then that's what I'll do.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I know the Maker of these robes. I'll Get some information for ya.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Starwarsgeek18

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Beautiful, thanks a bunch!!! :tr: :trsuit: :trsuit:

Ootini
TKID: 41908

Post by Ootini »

If I remember correctly CP is an offshoot of FP. FP are where I got mine and the wife's from and are absolutely great and approvable. FP does not seem to make them anymore, only the Shadow Guard. Looking at those they seem to be identical to what I got from FP.

Only thing too is IB boots and gloves I saw you purchased. For ROTJ if its the leather Guard Gauntlet gloves they would be incorrect. Gloves should not be leather for ROTJ that is ROTS! Just heads up there but the CP have the correct gloves showing in the pics. Burgundy and same material as inner robes/obi etc.

IB Boots love em! Got em and only thing I suggest is invest in inserts for comfort.

Helmets I think there is plenty of choices and none wrong. Went with KC and had no issues, fiberglass so a bit heavier but seems more sturdy than the abs kit ones. I think most made ones usually have decent room now too!

Invest in cooling!!!!!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Ootini wrote:If I remember correctly CP is an offshoot of FP. FP are where I got mine and the wife's from and are absolutely great and approvable. FP does not seem to make them anymore, only the Shadow Guard. Looking at those they seem to be identical to what I got from FP.

Only thing too is IB boots and gloves I saw you purchased. For ROTJ if its the leather Guard Gauntlet gloves they would be incorrect. Gloves should not be leather for ROTJ that is ROTS! Just heads up there but the CP have the correct gloves showing in the pics. Burgundy and same material as inner robes/obi etc.

IB Boots love em! Got em and only thing I suggest is invest in inserts for comfort.

Helmets I think there is plenty of choices and none wrong. Went with KC and had no issues, fiberglass so a bit heavier but seems more sturdy than the abs kit ones. I think most made ones usually have decent room now too!

Invest in cooling!!!!!
That would be correct.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard