Thoughts on the ac harness

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Big Red
TKID: 91457

Thoughts on the ac harness

Post by Big Red »

I've been playing around with the ac idea and I have a back brace that I used to set the ac units on and run the tubes between the straps and into the back of my helmet, but I can't be independent and use that method because they're set in place and the velcro has started damaging the robes.

I then upgraded to a different brace that I thought I would try out on ebay. It works perfectly. I can put it on myself and the units are mounted on it...... Only issue is the one of the units buldges out a bit.

My question is, how much of a buldge is acceptable? I love the new design, but hate that it has that one thing that is holding it up.

Ideas? Thoughts? Be gentle here as I'm only gathering ideas.

Big Red

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Thoughts on the ac harness

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Can you show a mock up in pictures.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Would really be nice to see a picture of it i think.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Make sure that your fans will be strong/powerful enough to be able to pull air through 2 layers of velvet (assuming you place between your inner and outer robe). If the fans aren't strong enough they won't do much of anything except burn out.

Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I'm working on getting pictures posted, but I've used them many meant times, it's just I was trying to be more independent and not have to have someone with me to position the fans that I ordered a new brace, but the thing that makes the new setup better is also what is causing the bump. The units work great! Especially with helmet fans!

I'll upload pics soon...

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Apologies, misread how long you'd been using it. I'd be curious to see pictures of it as well, as I went a very different route with my cooling system.

How many fans are you running in total?

Big Red

Post by Big Red »

Currently I am using 2 Hemet fans running off a 5000mah battery that is all in the helmet. I am also using 2 "handy" ac units that are strapped obvious the harness and have tires that run into the helmet. When it all works out, it is so pleasant in the helmet. When one stops working, its bad. I don't have an opening on my helmet and the tubes push cool fresh air into the helmet and the helmet fans push it around the helmet. Pretty awesome combo!

Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I lowered the battery bag a lot to make room for the sash...

Forgive how I look in the pictures. I think I'm gonna remove the Velcro from the the front and replace it with a plastic buckle clip, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get something on the back to hold the units. It is so very flimsy and at present the packs only rest on the ridge of the brace. They're not mounted at all.

Ideas are appreciated. Helpful ones anyways lol......

JosaN

Post by JosaN »

Could you maybe put a clip on the fans that would hook over the top of the brace? Or do you have that already?

Big Red

Post by Big Red »

I have 2 money clips on each unit on the other side with the brace going into them, but they only rest there.