My Shadow Guard Staff Saber

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

shadowguard88

My Shadow Guard Staff Saber

Post by shadowguard88 »

Well here it is. I Finally had it made. Straight Aluminum, Lights up with a nice red LED, and is balanced just perfectly!

Hope everyone likes.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: My Shadow Guard Staff Saber

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

This is a very well custom Saberpike. In showing this to the LMO, I was given this reply.

We would not put up with a Lord Vader having another's lightsaber.
Ă‚ÂżWhy would another character be any different?

The Darth Maul light saber is too iconic to be used as a saberpike for the shadowguard.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

shadowguard88

Post by shadowguard88 »

I would say that is an unfair assessment of the Saberpike wouldn't you think?

1. Its a staff, not a double ended lightsaber.

2. It in no way shape or form looks like this:

3.The only part of the Saberpike that even remotely looks like the maul saber is the emitter at the top and even that is different from the Maul saber.

I would like another assessment of my Saberpike with side to side comparisons as they are in fact two completely different sabers.

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

I think your staff looks great but I have to agree it's a bit more like a Maul-staff hybrid. The images we've seen so far haven't been the greatest but they definately show 3 "pine cone" grip sections, the last one being a part of the emitter. Yes the emitter has a flare like Maul's saber but that about the only thing that should bear any resemblence.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

sl9911
TKID: 9911

Post by sl9911 »

Still looks good. But wouldn't you think that if they have saber pikes that they may not all look the same. Do they make them themselves or are they mass produced?

Jedi_Outcast77

Post by Jedi_Outcast77 »

sl9911 wrote:Still looks good. But wouldn't you think that if they have saber pikes that they may not all look the same. Do they make them themselves or are they mass produced?
I think that might be putting too much thought into the character. Plus they are only seen carrying the same staff in all of the reference materials.
Mike - 501st NEG IC-7796
Walk Now for Autism Research 2009 - Team Brunco
http://www.freewebs.com/teambrunco

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The Empire is a Military Based Organization. In the whole Military soldier aspect, Weapon try is mass produced. The Force Pikes and Saber Pikes and Glaives all fall under this.

We have official LFL references of the weaponry

Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Draco

Post by Draco »

For a pike made from MHS parts that looks great. not to keen on the part at the base though. definetly not for the shadow guard, but as an attempt a nice rendition indeed.