A/C Hand Air Conditioner Harness ideas for helmet

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Big Red
TKID: 91457

A/C Hand Air Conditioner Harness ideas for helmet

Post by Big Red »

Alright guys,

I've got 2 hand air conditioners and the tubes already attached to them. I'm trying to get a good idea for a harness/ I can't sew, but I can build things. Anyone have any ideas that is costume friendly while sill letting them breathe?

Big Red

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: A/C Hand Air Conditioner Harness ideas for helmet

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

If the tubes are long enough maybe you can attach them to the sash.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Re: A/C Hand Air Conditioner Harness ideas for helmet

Post by cooldevo »

I use 2 portable air conditioner units that I got off Amazon for dirt cheap ($9 each or so?).

I attached some tubing, and I modified them a bit to attach velcro. I then strap them onto the inside of each knee/calf just above the boot. The tubing runs up my front and into the helmet from the bottom. I much prefer it this way, because it grabs fresh clean air from around floor level. Indoors at cons I found I was quite comfortable. By sucking air up rom your legs it also keeps air moving there as well, which helps a lot if you are standing still for pictures.

I personally found that attaching the fans to the inside of the velvet means you will want a strong fan so it can suck enough air through the velvet. And if you sweat a lot, or put it in a place that gets sweaty, you'll suck warm muggy air into the helmet.

My WiP thread should have some information about how I did it, but I'll check it later and make sure it's properly updated.