Shoulder seams on outer robe?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Keyla

Shoulder seams on outer robe?

Post by Keyla »

Hi everyone! Starting on the outer robes, I have a question. We have seen posts from e.g. 2008 stating that there should not be a seam running from the shoulder to the neck, that the front and back shouls be on continuous piece.

However, this has some negative effects: the chest area of the robe is not sitting as flat and nicely as it would if there was a seam, and the pile of the velvet appears "upside down" on the back vs the front if it is one piece (its basically not noticeable though).

I have noticed that many people have the seams anyway. So what is the recommendation? What did each of you decide?

Thanks all!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Shoulder seams on outer robe?

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

There are the two seams on the shoulder. They run down the center basically on how )----O----( this is drawn.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Keyla

Post by Keyla »

perfect, thank you!

Snappy
TKID: 26134

Post by Snappy »

We (TR-31617 and I) have a heavy duty hook and a hidden zipper on that seam.