wip need advice / pattern for sash

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

scraptrooper

wip need advice / pattern for sash

Post by scraptrooper »

hey all im working on my royal guard. helmet is in process of getting siliconed and pulled.
i have the mccalls patterns 2810 for the outer cloak and mccalls pattern 2060 for the inner robe.
i have all the material cut out for the inner robe. i have already figured that the sash pattern in there will not work or needs to be changed.
what is it that everyone else is using for this part?
was thinking of just winging a 4" sash/belt on my own but wanted to touch base first.
also in the crl pics it is showing a center/middle peice on the sash that looks like ribbon or something.
can someone please clarify this piece?
thanks all!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: wip need advice / pattern for sash

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The Sash is a 3 inch wide obi that wraps around with A robe sash in the middle.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JosaN

Post by JosaN »

It's just a rectangle that fastens in the back. I'm making mine over a boned inside layer so it won't wrinkle and crumple through wearing, but I'm a woman with a defined waist prone to that problem; an average sized man probably won't need the extra step. You can find an upholstery cord to go around the middle of it- I am stitching mine into place so that it won't slide around. Can you tell I don't want to give this thing one second of thought after I put it on?

silverBoyd
TKID: 5945

Post by silverBoyd »

on mine i made that center piece around the sash out of the same material that that sash is made from. Also, I added 2 layers of batting inside of my sash to maintain a perfect shape the entire time I'm wearing it. Worked out great too.
Carolina Garrison CO (2014 - Current)
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TR-5945 / Return of the Jedi: Royal Guard
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver