Rubie's Helmet Color Matching - scratch repair painting

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

grenaidan
TKID: 42086

Rubie's Helmet Color Matching - scratch repair painting

Post by grenaidan »

Hello All,

I'm working on getting my fiance's Imperial Guard costume up to date. She is using the Rubie's helmet. I noticed some scratches on the top of the helmet that I'd like to paint over, but I'm not sure which color of red paint is right for this helmet. It's using the standard Rubie's paint job right now, does anyone know what shade or make of red paint would match that helmet? This is for an ROTS Imperial Guard, so I believe the standard Rubie's color is correct, just need to find that shade for repairs.

Thanks in advance!

-Aidan

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Rubie's Helmet Color Matching - scratch repair painting

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Best chance is to go to a car paintshop.
They should be able to mix you some paint in the right shade.
Thats what i would do here in germany.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Anything that is plastic and shiny should be able to be scanned by any paint shop that offers color matching.

Be it an auto-body shop, as Sascha_Wilsing mentioned, a paint store, or home repair place. The ones that can custom mix paint would be the best (some , and I`d probably go with an auto body place personally.

grenaidan
TKID: 42086

Post by grenaidan »

Thanks for the advice guys! I might try Home Depot or Lowe's, I know they have color matching apps/devices that might work, if they don't I think you're right, an Autoshop would be a good bet.

Cheers!