helmet with material type hips

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

shadow4886
TKID: 4886

helmet with material type hips

Post by shadow4886 »

at the beginning of sorry for the English . I use transleatora .
I'm almost to completion . helmet with thick hips . 2mm . at the beginning I did helmets fiberglasss . but the state of health told me to do something light . and so it created a helmet with hipsu . What do you think about it . I have already prepared form . and I can do even interested .

photo file fotosik
http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/4dee786cee0ed797

pictures of the progress .how arose paste in a few days . because they are on the computer 2 and is under repair
Last edited by shadow4886 on Thu May 26, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mortty
TKID: 17071

Re: helmet with material type hips

Post by Mortty »

Looks a good fist step but those are little pictures it would be better to post bigger pictures .

shadow4886

Post by shadow4886 »

Please click on image to open a larger

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Looks interesting. Do you have a finished one next to another helmet?

shadow4886

Post by shadow4886 »

at the present moment is 1 unit in the next week. I'll be doing 2 to show and ready to submit

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

I'm not really familiar with that type of material, but it looks interesting.

Will it hold it's shape well in heat? For example, on a hot summer day with the sun overhead and the person inside sweating and breathing.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

My argyus armor is made of HIPS. After seaming the parts together keep the helmet stored in a normal climate area away from extreme temperature changes, as bondo can crack over time.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:My argyus armor is made of HIPS. After seaming the parts together keep the helmet stored in a normal climate area away from extreme temperature changes, as bondo can crack over time.
Would a flexible filler work for something like this? I used flexible Plastic Surgery repair on the helmet kit I bought to fill the seam, and it's quite flexible even after it cures. Seems to work quite nicely as a filler for something where the shape can flex. When I flex the helmet it seems to move with it, although I haven't given it a very hard flex yet as I don't want to wreck the paint job.

http://dominionsureseal.com/index.php/c ... -approved-

I had a video from somewhere that showed a guy flexing the plastic he repaired with the flexible plastic surgery.

shadow4886

Post by shadow4886 »

on the helmet . They will be used samohodowe lacquers and primers for plastic . Chelm tests today at 25 degrees Celsius . even comfortably . drugs breeze even got under the helmet . same feeling light gives great helmet . convenience

shadow4886

Post by shadow4886 »

primer applied . This material hips 2mm . In the last picture the shadow guard Produced by me