new shadowguard WIP

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Batsk
TKID: 11150

new shadowguard WIP

Post by Batsk »

Hello all. Ive started speaking to my seamstress friend and she stated that the shadowguard cloak didn't have a liner specified. Perhaps a cotton or satin or some such would be acceptable? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Ill be posting updates and endless questions here. Hopefully this turns out well.

Nevermind I found the references for the liner. But how do those of you with a cloak address the gaping issue due to the splits in the cloak?
:shadow:

Batsk

Re: new shadowguard WIP

Post by Batsk »

So any of you ever work with worbla? Seems like a dream material for us to make the armored bits with. Im thinking of using it to make the armored pieces on my guard but ive never worked with the material before.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

Found a local bounty hunter group thats meeting this weekend to show people how to make armor etc. Will be nice to get some input regarding various techniques and possibly even get either the chest or backplate formed up. I don't expect miracles. It definitely wont be done but the rough shape might.

Im going to try making the armor with black worbla. Problem for me is the patterns for the armor. Ive not found any dimension drawings yet but will keep looking. It doesnt seem to be too awfully difficult to smooth out. Guess ill find out.
Last edited by Batsk on Thu May 19, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Great news.
Armor parties are always a good way to gather new knowledge.

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

If you remove all pockets the second will be ok.

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

The material for the cloak is on the way. Will take about a week to do it by hand. I know its optional. But it will make the whole thing look so much better.

Once the armor and cloak are done i'll work on the staff thingamajig. Looking for someone local with a 3d printer. I know a guy that has access to one that prints stainless but its almost a certainty that he wouldnt do it even for money. Would rock to have one printed in stainless.

So any thoughts about worblas black art? That stuff looks amazing.

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

The Kama and cloak are being laid out and sewn up. Will post pictures as they become available.
I'm also going to hang out with the local stormtrooper detachment. They have offered to host
an armor party. So insert :happy dance: Here ROFL.

Looks like there are a couple TR's in my area also. Hope to meet them at the Wierd Al concert.
You know who you are. I plan on being there.
:shadow: :tr:

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

Think this is a better match for the flightsuit? Looks like the two brown strips would need to be replaced or maybe the belt/kama and neckseal would cover them up.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway- ... gQods30B7Q

What do you folks think? Is it suitable for a shadow guard? The nice thing is the lack of pockets.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

If you remove the brown leather straps or make them invincible it will be fine.