Getting an Approved Imperial Guard Bucket

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

JunKenPo

Getting an Approved Imperial Guard Bucket

Post by JunKenPo »

I would like to buy an imperial guard bucket, but i'm worried about spending the money on one that would not be approved. I see many being sold and ranging in price. Would there be any suggestions on where I should my bucket from, or any trusted websites I could attain it from?

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Re: Getting an Approved Imperial Guard Bucket

Post by cooldevo »

gmrhodes13 sells a fantastic helmet kit that I used (in the buy/sell forums). Was a bit more of an adventure then buying a pre-assembled helmet, as I had to build the helmet, fill the seams, and then get it painted. For my first project it was a good challenge, but I really like the way it turned out as it was custom-fit to my head and with a bit extra room to add in some electronics (sound amplifier, mic, and air circulation tubing). Also fits with my glasses, which is even better for me.

Aside form other vendors, I'm not sure.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Alot of it comes down to your location. Many folks make these in different countries which helps cut down with overseas price. What is your location and Price range. Going from that you can judge where to go.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

And do you want a kit to be build by your own or a ready to wear helmet?

JosaN

Post by JosaN »

I have one of Q's as well and can attest it's a good first build project. Some people also use the Rubies ones, but some with larger heads seem to need to modify those a bit.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

JosaN wrote:I have one of Q's as well and can attest it's a good first build project. Some people also use the Rubies ones, but some with larger heads seem to need to modify those a bit.
I didn't try the Rubies, but the DP I tested I couldn't even get over the top of my forehead.