Hearing in your bucket

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Ebonyrain

Hearing in your bucket

Post by Ebonyrain »

We all know how difficult it is to hear inside our buckets due to their design. I came up with a resolution to the problem by getting the ListenUp sound amplifier and getting a set of headphones that loop around the ears for runners as normal ear buds that come with the device fall out of my ears. I then put my balaclava over it. I also use a 50amp voice amplifier as well so I can speak to children but the hearing device I can hear up to 80ft clearly away which makes communicating with kids who can be soft spoken really well. I hope this helps some other of you have more fun while trooping.

JosaN

Re: Hearing in your bucket

Post by JosaN »

As seen on TV! I'll give this a try as not being able to hear makes the bucket feel very claustrophobic for me.

Ebonyrain

Post by Ebonyrain »

I know Susana and I felt same way and when I told her about it she wanted to get it as well. I thread my headphones through my dress part and then oust it under my balaclava to secure it. Then as I am a ROTJ version I clip it to my belt on my non-slit side so I limit it showing. I also am going to paint mine red. You'll get some fabric noise when you move but I love being able to hear the kids and handlers for safety reasons as well. I really hate when people are behind me talking thinking I can hear them and I didn't it made me nervous. Now I hear everything and it increases safety.

JosaN

Post by JosaN »

Do you have air conditioning/fans going into your helmet, and if so, do you find that that extra noise presents any problem with this system?

BloodRayne
TKID: 20791

Post by BloodRayne »

Ebonyrain wrote:We all know how difficult it is to hear inside our buckets due to their design. I came up with a resolution to the problem by getting the ListenUp sound amplifier and getting a set of headphones that loop around the ears for runners as normal ear buds that come with the device fall out of my ears. I then put my balaclava over it. I also use a 50amp voice amplifier as well so I can speak to children but the hearing device I can hear up to 80ft clearly away which makes communicating with kids who can be soft spoken really well. I hope this helps some other of you have more fun while trooping.
Is this the amp you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Listen-up-Persona ... B002KOKVNU

:trsuit:
Gianandrea Comandè
''An chéad duine chun ionsaí, an duine deirneach chun cúlú''
First to attack, and last to retreat.

TR/TS/IG/IC/TI-20791