Boots?

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

IrishFett
TKID: 3743

Boots?

Post by IrishFett »

Hey I know there is a link in the "Master where to find list" for boots, but when I click on it I get an error. So here is another link to Garnet suede boots form the same site. Are these the ones that are suggusted and favored to be accurate for a Royal Guard?
http://www.silhouettes.com/Product/Shoe ... 428M10BAzz
Thanks or is there a better option out there?
Cheers!
:tr:

IrishFett
TKID: 3743

Re: Boots?

Post by IrishFett »

Also just checked on what they had availble and it dosen't look too good as far as men sizes. I need a 10.5 in men so i am looking at a 12 in womens right? Hmm...any other good accurate boots out there?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The only difference is those where Just above the ankle boot. yeah That's correct when getting sizes you need to go up two sizes. I went a head and got size 13 cause of the pointed ends. You and I both wear the same size boot.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

REDEYE

Post by REDEYE »

Does someone already have these? In the pic it looks a bit pink. How red are they?

http://swcelebrationvorlando.blogspot.com/

Legion Celebrity Liaison
TR/TK/TB/SL-1741

psujedi27
TKID: 2398

Post by psujedi27 »

I have a pair of these, and they look great! I'm in the process of treating them with a leather protectant/weather proofer/water preventer soaker inner spray. I can see how if they are not taken care of that they could easily fade to a much lighter shade.
Andrew Marzka
Garrison Carida Merchandising Team
TR/SL/TX/TR/ID 2398

"An Imperial Guard never seeks special privileges. Ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. His goal in life, and his desire in death." - Major Tierce

darthmaul101079

Post by darthmaul101079 »

I went to this site and the books took sweet. but they don't have my size. i take an 11 so the conversion will be a womans 13 right? but also i was wondering if superman boots will be acceptable such as this e-bay site http://cgi.ebay.com/SuperHero-Superman- ... 7C294%3A50 . I tried andrew's suade boots on the last troop that we had. they looked good but i have a wide foot and they were a bit tight width wise. to make a long story short, will this boot be ok for those wide feet persons such as myself?
Todd Lechniak
Garrison Carida
TK/TS/TB/TR-7032
Fear...Fear attracts the fearful...The strong...The weak...The innocent...The currupt. Fear...Fear is my ally!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Superman boots are not accepted in the CRL.

Those boots would be a size 13 womens for you and yes they come in wide versions.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

REDEYE

Post by REDEYE »

FYI -

I just visited with Steve Sansweet recently. We discussed the Royal Guard in detail and the boots. He tells me the original RG's wore almost a pink in color slippers. I took some detailed pics of his personal RG including pics under the robe. I will show them on another thread.

http://swcelebrationvorlando.blogspot.com/

Legion Celebrity Liaison
TR/TK/TB/SL-1741

darthmaul101079

Post by darthmaul101079 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Superman boots are not accepted in the CRL.

Those boots would be a size 13 womens for you and yes they come in wide versions.
ok, then if sihouetts don't have the scrunch boots nor the ones advertised in my size at the begining of this topic, where do i turn for a reliable dealer of approved boots?
Todd Lechniak
Garrison Carida
TK/TS/TB/TR-7032
Fear...Fear attracts the fearful...The strong...The weak...The innocent...The currupt. Fear...Fear is my ally!

sl9911
TKID: 9911

Post by sl9911 »

What do you guys think about these http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7465857/c/27924.html I am doing more searching on the internet since they don't have the size on the first link that I want.