Pepakura helmet build

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Drakus Cin'Ciri
TKID: 51416

Re: Pepakura helmet build

Post by Drakus Cin'Ciri »

Haven't posted in a while because while I have made progress this stage lacks the dynamic changes from one step to another. I ended up using apoxie sculpt on the dome and back as the bondo was being uncooperative in forming the curve it needs. I just finished sanding the epoxy down for the first time so there are some holes left to fill. At this point I need to address the smaller holes and rough areas which should go fairly quickly and after those areas are done it will be time for the first coat of primer. I will then using glazing putty to smooth the smaller imperfections.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Drakus Cin'Ciri

So a mando merc had a don post he didn't want anymore so I have now (finally) acquired a don post helmet. The scratch build will still continue but will be put on the back burner as I try to finish the don post before the summer convention season. After the release of the rouge one trailer I am considering having the scratch build be for a ROTS or Shadow Guard build and the don post be for a rouge one royal guard as the image of the RG's in the trailer showed them with two front arm slits like the ROTS robes so my current robes may work for that.

The don post

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Great idea.

Drakus Cin'Ciri

Opinions needed on the color. I took several pictures in different lighting (natural and artificial) with and without flash

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Looking fine, but i think it should be a little more red. Looks like it getting of to orange a bit.

Drakus Cin'Ciri

I noticed that too, the color I used is Krylon banner red gloss so it looks red in person but on my phone it definitely started to look more orange in the natural lighting. I will soon have the opportunity to do a photoshoot with a better camera, should I wait and see how those turn out or is there a color you would recommend?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Wet sanding it a bit will also helps take out the dull to give it a more vibrant gloss.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard