kornishpyxee's ROTS WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

kornishpyxee

kornishpyxee's ROTS WIP

Post by kornishpyxee »

So, I've started working on my ROTS Imperial Guard ensemble. I have my Rubies helmet, which I've re-painted because there were some scratches on the top. I'll post pics of that once I get the visor tinted. To start with, here are my under-robe, boots, and gloves.

Under-robe:
The under-robe and belt are made from a synthetic fabric called "peachskin" which i purchased along with the red triple velvet from SY Fabrics (I had seen this triple plush velvet mentioned in other posts). The peachskin is a polyester faux silk--it has a velvety sheen to it, but it is not shiny like satin is. The boots I got from amazon.com and the gloves on ebay.

This is a link to the basic method I used to sew the robe: http://www.axemoor.net/pdf/Quick_&_dirty_t-tunic.pdf

Let me know how I'm doing so far. Thanks.

Jenn (kornishpyxee)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: kornishpyxee's ROTS WIP

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Your on you way to great start. I would just recommend when doing photos to do them in a well lit room so not to skue the fabric colors.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

kornishpyxee

Post by kornishpyxee »

Lucious, am i correct that you used syfabrics for your outer robes? if so, did you repaint your helmet to match? I've been using Krylon Fusion for Plastics Banner Red because it was what I had on hand, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't switch to a different shade of red. The Banner Red seems to be a warmer shade than what my fabric is.

Jenn (kornishpyxee)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

It needs to be as close as possible. With the helmet being one material and the Robes a cloth material you strive to get as close as possible to the shade. Banner red should be fine. Its also cheaper to repaint a helmet than it is to redo robes.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

kornishpyxee

Post by kornishpyxee »

Think I finally found paint that matches the Sy Fabrics triple plush red velvet--Krylon Maxx Cherry Red Gloss

Jenn (kornishpyxee)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Looking great. and very good color match on the helmet.