Costume Questions (about Robes)

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Horus
TKID: 0

Costume Questions (about Robes)

Post by Horus »

Hello. I am from Ukraine and soon we will have our own garrison.
I know English not very good, so I wanna ask you few questions here.
1. Where can I find correct pattern(template) for Royal Guards?(i am interested in outer robes and inner robes)
2. On Ebay/Amazon in reviews tolds that that costume (look in pic please) approval for join to 501 st. (like a Imperial Officer of the same company). But I also read that costume has some mistakes . Materials - velvet .Could you please tell me what are that mistakes exactly?(material of costume is velvet)
3. Could you please explain me what means and what is look like "crushed or panne velvet". Because I can't correctly translate it in our language(Ukrainian).

P.s. Sorry for my English and mistakes. Hope to receive your answer soon and thank you for understanding.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Costume Questions (about Robes)

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

[quote="Horus"]Hello. I am from Ukraine and soon we will have our own garrison.
1. Where can I find correct pattern(template) for Royal Guards?(i am interested in outer robes and inner robes)
2. On Ebay/Amazon in reviews tolds that that costume (look in pic please) approval for join to 501 st. (like a Imperial Officer of the same company). But I also read that costume has some mistakes . Materials - velvet .Could you please tell me what are that mistakes exactly?(material of costume is velvet)
3. Could you please explain me what means and what is look like "crushed or panne velvet". Because I can't correctly translate it in our language(Ukrainian).
/quote]

The pattern really all depends on the version of the guard that your doing. ROTJ one slit - AOTC 2 slit - ROTS 4 slit.

The obi is not correct due to the fabric needing to be the same as the underrobes. Also the underrobe fabric is the same as the lining on the outer robes.

The difference between regular velvet and crushed would be the texture. True velvet will have a higher quality look and feel where as crushed will have a shiny look to it. (Crushed is what most "velvet halloween costumes are made of"
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Horus

Post by Horus »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:
Horus wrote:Hello. I am from Ukraine and soon we will have our own garrison.
/quote]

The pattern really all depends on the version of the guard that your doing. ROTJ one slit - AOTC 2 slit - ROTS 4 slit.

The obi is not correct due to the fabric needing to be the same as the underrobes. Also the underrobe fabric is the same as the lining on the outer robes.

The difference between regular velvet and crushed would be the texture. True velvet will have a higher quality look and feel where as crushed will have a shiny look to it. (Crushed is what most "velvet halloween costumes are made of"
I am sorry, I forget to tell that I am interesting in pattern of costume from AOTC and ROTS.

StarGuard
TKID: 21689

Post by StarGuard »

I don't like that chinese costume...

-The obi belt is wrong
-The outer robe needs the lining
-That velvet is horrible, 100% synthetic
-Because it is not make by a professional who checks the costume step by step with you, is possible that de length between the ground and the outer robe (of 1'' distance) be wrong (so you can pull the suit away).

So... I recommend that the costume be make by a professional, according to our CRL, with good quality materials.

It's a wonderful experience, made beside the professional you choose, it's is like having a baby!!! haha.

Good luck!

StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

And you can find the patterns here: http://forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1977

I'ts was made by me and anoche Royal Guard os the Spanish Garrison. ;)

Our costumes: https://www.facebook.com/ImperialEliteCorps/

;)

Horus

Post by Horus »

Could you please tell me what different between AOTC Force Pike and ROTS/ROTJ? :tr:

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Horus wrote:Could you please tell me what different between AOTC Force Pike and ROTS/ROTJ? :tr:
ROTJ as pointed rasp at the tip of the pike where as the Prequel pike has coils.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Horus

Post by Horus »

Hi again. I finally found thats colors of velvet. I think they approach for Outer Robe. How do you think? And I bought velvet for Inner Robe, what do you think about that? Sorry for photos, didn't have an ability to make better.
P.S. What kind of pattern (pandora or starguard)

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =26&t=1977
More suitable for 501st?

StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Ok...
I think both red velvets are OK, it looks as a good quality velvet of cotton, but important: helmet red and velvet red must be the same colour. So buy the velvet closer to the color of our helmet (if you hasn't helmet you will buy or paint one with the same red).

It's OK if you want a inner robe of velvet! About the color, maybe is so light, but I think can be OK... as one of the most important pic for me of the AOTC royal guard costume, that light burgundy looks so similar of the photo: http://multimedia.theforce.net/museum/i ... lguard.jpg
Better leave speak to our detachment mentors about this.

The patterns are different because if you are taller tan 1,75 (+ -) the width of the velvet (if it's 1,50) will be too short for your height. So, how tall are you?
A clarification: how long is the width of the fabric?

;)

Horus

Post by Horus »

StarGuard wrote:Ok...
I think both red velvets are OK, it looks as a good quality velvet of cotton, but important: helmet red and velvet red must be the same colour. So buy the velvet closer to the color of our helmet (if you hasn't helmet you will buy or paint one with the same red).

It's OK if you want a inner robe of velvet! About the color, maybe is so light, but I think can be OK... as one of the most important pic for me of the AOTC royal guard costume, that light burgundy looks so similar of the photo: http://multimedia.theforce.net/museum/i ... lguard.jpg
Better leave speak to our detachment mentors about this.

The patterns are different because if you are taller tan 1,75 (+ -) the width of the velvet (if it's 1,50) will be too short for your height. So, how tall are you?
A clarification: how long is the width of the fabric?

;)
The color of Inner Robe is too bright here, it is because of camera. ( look at the color of my hand, its just white).

My height 180 cm.
there are too kind of pattern (8 details and 4 details), could you please tell what do you think. which is better?

And thanks for advices:) i will color helmet after buying all the velvet for Outer Robe.