DUAL SHADOW GUARD BUILDS

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Ootini
TKID: 41908

Re: DUAL SHADOW GUARD BUILDS

Post by Ootini »

My boots have been acquired! Zipperless Dressage no less too! FINALLY!

Now the move is over bit longer to organize the place and get rid of boxes then cutting, sanding the rest of the fiberglass armour, then sourcing gloves and getting the body suit ordered, and then a fabric run for the kama.... getting closer.

delabane

Post by delabane »

Bistro Aprons make quite good Kamas. I was able to get one in same fabric (a bit lighter) as my flight suit.

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Looks like the Imperial Colouring Box will be getting a bit darker in the future!!! :shadow:

Ootini

Post by Ootini »

delabane wrote:Bistro Aprons make quite good Kamas. I was able to get one in same fabric (a bit lighter) as my flight suit.
Nice idea! Was thinking worse case scenario spending a bit extra getting an extra suit and cutting out two kamas from it if need be :wow:

Have to check and see on that as would work well too!

Thanks!

Ootini

Post by Ootini »

Starwarsgeek18 wrote:Looks like the Imperial Colouring Box will be getting a bit darker in the future!!! :shadow:
Hopefully soon enough yes! Can't wait either! :shadow:

delabane

Post by delabane »

Ootini wrote:
delabane wrote:Bistro Aprons make quite good Kamas. I was able to get one in same fabric (a bit lighter) as my flight suit.
Nice idea! Was thinking worse case scenario spending a bit extra getting an extra suit and cutting out two kamas from it if need be :wow:

Have to check and see on that as would work well too!

Thanks!
I can't take credit for that, it was Force Crush who advised me :)

I got my apron weeks ago but it still needs tailoring. kama is dependent upon the belt, which is dependent on the armour - as I only want to puncture one hole in the belt when wearing armour. Hope to order my armour end of the month.

Will a flight suit give you enough fabric for 2 kama's though?

My bistro apron is of the same fabric (60% polyester/40% cotton) that my flight suit is made from, only the fabric is not as heavy.

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Post by Force Crush »

Buying a flightsuit would be pricier. The way I was told is to buy an French bistro apron. It is cheaper and is made of the same material as a coverall or flightsuit. I give credit to Mortty who told me firsthand of this great idea.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The flightsuit and coveralls are bastically the same designed and can be used interchangeable for the look with minimal modifications to get the overall look.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Ootini

Post by Ootini »

Yeah coveralls are what we are going with from Marks Work Warehouse, but stores don't carry the black so have to order them. Just got to get in and try on the navy ones they carry to get the sizes for us both.

On a plus side I got my boots!! Just have to have them stretched since my calves are just too damn big :lol:

Incoming blister fun breaking them in!! Woohoo!

Force Crush
TKID: 16851

Post by Force Crush »

Nice looking boots! Are they leather?