silverBoyd's RotJ Guard WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

rledaman

Re: silverBoyd's RotJ Guard WIP

Post by rledaman »

Earlier you said that you would post what modifications your wife had to do to the pattern. Could you share how she did the outer robes? My wife is also my seamstress and is having problems getting the draping to come through right.

silverBoyd
TKID: 5945

Post by silverBoyd »

it was turning out to be a hassle to figure out the draping so we scrapped that idea
Carolina Garrison CO (2014 - Current)
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TR-5945 / Return of the Jedi: Royal Guard
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

I can talk to the seamstress that I used for my outer robe, if there is interest (see my WiP for pictures), as mine has draping on the front and see if she is able to PDF/digitize a pattern for what she did. She added an extra piece of velvet that goes across the chest at the shoulder to help provide some structure and support for the draping. A little bit more work to get it on, but I really like the look of the draping on the front.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

It would be great if we could get a pattern.
Thanks a lot.

rledaman

Post by rledaman »

[quote="cooldevo"]I can talk to the seamstress that I used for my outer robe, if there is interest (see my WiP for pictures), as mine has draping on the front and see if she is able to PDF/digitize a pattern for what she did. She added an extra piece of velvet that goes across the chest at the shoulder to help provide some structure and support for the draping. A little bit more work to get it on, but I really like the look of the draping on the front.[/quote
Lots of interest!

silverBoyd

Post by silverBoyd »

my wife has been modifying the women's cape pattern that we bought. It's very modified from the actual pattern now but it was a nice starting point to base off of. The patterns also depend on body size and height too.
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver

silverBoyd

Post by silverBoyd »

Been awhile since I posted but I have been also working and gathering up parts to do an AT-AT Driver as well. My wife has been working on the Inner / Outer robe mock-ups before cutting up the expensive velvet and I think we have everything figured out. Here's where I am with the robe mock-ups using cheap fabric.

I also recently purchased a red wedding gown storage bag to store my finished robes in. Got it for $17 on Amazon.

I also printed this logo on cardstock to put into the clear pocket on the robe bag to dress it up a little bit.
Last edited by silverBoyd on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Inner robe is fine.
Outer Looks right too.

silverBoyd

Post by silverBoyd »

i finally have ALL of the velvet required for the Inner / Outer robes + velvet to line the Outer Robe. My wife is beginning to sew it all this week. Cannot wait. So close to being finished. This weekend, while picking up the remainder of the velvet I needed for the lining, we also picked up some fleece for cheap at a fabric store that was going out of business. With the fleece, my wife made me a custom bag to carry my boots as well as a custom helmet bag to carry my Guard helmet. I wanted to make my helmet bag out of fleece to be able to protect the helmet once it's painted.

The helmet bag has a drawstring top with a built in carrying handle

the patches are being held in place with tape until I can sew them on. Was just trying out different patch placements
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Nice bags.
Have to make myself one too.