Cloak patterns

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

Derryth

Cloak patterns

Post by Derryth »

I was taking a look at photos of two armed guards to try and determine the construction of the outer cloak.

I was curious if there were any tried and true sewing patterns for cloaks out there already. For those of you who have made your own costumes, what would you suggest? I sew, but am not a pro at designing patterns yet. I'm starting to throw together a few prototypes out of cheap material, but thought I'd see what you guys have to say.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Cloak patterns

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The AOTC are designed a bit Different than the ROTS robes. AOTC has more of a cloak with an apron wrap around design vs where ROTS has a Tabbard made down to the floor.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

lilfear1

Post by lilfear1 »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:The AOTC are designed a bit Different than the ROTS robes. AOTC has more of a cloak with an apron wrap around design vs where ROTS has a Tabbard made down to the floor.
Yes but are there any patterns floating around somewhere. I was sent a "pattern" but it wasn't much of a pattern as it doesn't have any measurements, or layout. It is just a picture of it kind of put together. I just looked at it and it is aotc anyway are there any rotj ones out there? Next week I want to order my fabric.

V-cell
TKID: 12221

Post by V-cell »

Hello lifear1. We are trying to work on securing patterns for each Royal Guard type. I will be adding some information for the AOTC guard patterns, to explain the patterns a bit more.
Alejandro Uribe-Benninghoff
TR-12221

NoslenLRAc
TKID: 2275

Post by NoslenLRAc »

I had originally used a McCalls's M4310 pattern and modified it to have the overlapping feature. It was approved previously (need to review that). It is basically a woman's cloak, minus the hood and extended for my height. The pattern is no longer vaialable, but there are a few places that still have it.
In service of the Emperor,

TR-2275
Carl Nelson (aka Noslen L'Rac)

Im_Fizzle

Post by Im_Fizzle »

Has anyone found a working pattern yet?

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

Im_Fizzle wrote:Has anyone found a working pattern yet?
If you ask for the AOTC pattern follow that link:

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =26&t=1977

DELTA 1

Post by DELTA 1 »

It's been sometime since the last post on this subject and I'm new to the group and as many newbies we need assistance in this topic from the experience members a pattern would be helpful and not AOTC. Any help would be grateful some new folks I spoke with have given up and changed there costume. :tr: I will continue to search. Thanks for any help

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Do you know which Guard your seeking to do? That will help in the pattern.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

DELTA 1

Post by DELTA 1 »

ROTS is the pattern Several where looking for. Including myself. Thanks for replying