Canon guidelines

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

senateguard33

Canon guidelines

Post by senateguard33 »

I know Hofmann (RL Commanding Officer) personally, and we have already gone through all the canon standards for the Senate Guard outfit.

1. The helmet can come as two styles- one with the plumes with an open face, or one with a closed in visor with no plumes. There is only one supplier for the helmet, but as of now, the plumes are not provided.

2. The velvet robes should match the helmet. Royal Blue is the preffered color, but navy is acceptable. The pattern is the same as the EPII/EPIII Red Royal Guard. Here is the pattern:

3. A Senate Rifle or Force Pike must be included. These can be custom, but should be assembled and painted accordingly. Biker scout blasters are acceptable, but must include a thigh holster.

4. Underobes must be a complimentary shade of blue. Black pants are acceptable.

5. Gloves can be either blue or black, leather is acceptable.

6. Boots must be black.

7. Crimson armor in blue is acceptable, but must be worn with the robes.

pm me with any questions
So this is how democracy ends...with thunder's applause.

senateguard33

Re: Canon guidelines

Post by senateguard33 »

Here are some pics of my Senate Guard

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

Thank you for posting this!

senateguard33

Post by senateguard33 »

No problem...glad I could be of service! :D

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Cool. :) Just out of curiousity, why are the blue guards allowed to carry force pikes? Was this shown in one the games or comics? I'd never heard of this before which is why I ask.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

senateguard33

Post by senateguard33 »

They have force pikes during the senate scene in EP2. My assumption is they sometimes use pikes while guarding the senate, and rifles when travelling.

Seraph_Verum

Post by Seraph_Verum »

On the subject of under robes I was looking at TPM to try and get a better overall look at the costume and I noticed that instead of robes the guards seem to be wearing either a shirt/tunic and pants or a jumpsuit. At the end of the movie when Palpatine tells Aniken that they will be watching him you catch a few glimpses under the robes. I can't see a waistline to indicate a shirt/tunic but pants legs are clearly visible.

I'll don't have a way to screen cap it here but I'll try and get a friend to take some to show what I'm talking about.

TK IAIN

Post by TK IAIN »

I think I may well have pm'd this to you but could you let us know how you got the visor into the helmet??

Finding it a swine to do and it's really beginning to annoy me a wee bit!

Is there a maker for the visors??
Iain

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Wow....I've come full circle. Just the other day I was watching some AOTC and noticed the Senate Guard holding a pike (instead of a blaster) for the first time. I got excited and decided to post about it....and what do I find....a set of standards detailing the pike .....me asking about the pike....and someone responding where the pike scene can be found. :geez: I guess I never made it back to this thread to see the response.

FYI, for those wondering, the scene is when Jar Jar speaks to the Senate about granting immediate emergency powers to the Supreme Chancelor. The guard with the pike is standing by the box entrance as Mace Windu arrives.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.