New Royal Guard

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Tags

New Royal Guard

Post by Tags »

Ooook, my wife is preparing a Royal guard costume for the upcoming Dragon con, we have the Helmet on the way and she will be making her own robes.

Just a few questions, what about the under robes, boots and gloves, color wise. And what does everyone do about the force pike?

One other question... are Shadow guard not considered Viable as a costume for membership in the 501st?

thanx

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: New Royal Guard

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Ok I personally have done this costume. The Gloves are Leather and the boots are a suede. If you need anymore info on this costume drop me a line.

At this time shadowguards are not accepted into the 501st. If you are interested in knowing more on that costume it also has its own sub forum.

Good Luck.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: New Royal Guard

Post by Darth Skellington »

Check out the costume standards in each movies sub-forum for details on how each is different. In short, the under-robes are basically the same for all 3 movies, and should be dark burgandy color or similar. Gloves should be red, material & style varies by movie. Boots should be red suede for ROTJ or ROTS. Black jack boots for AOTC style. Robes should be red velvet with a burgandy lining that matches your underrobes. Style of robe varies by movie. Belt should be a burgandy sash that matches your underrobes. Rope belt also needed for ROTJ. Helmet is the same for all three movies. ROTS technically has a different helmet, but no sculpt for it currently exists so the standard helmet is accepted.

Since you asked about the under-robes....they should look not unlike the Vietnamese Ao Dai pattern. This consists of: long pants (which you will see very little of); and a top that has a mandarin collar, long sleeves, and a "skirt" that hangs down from the waistline to the ankles, with slits on either side to allow movement. The "skirt" can be attached to the tunic-like top, or separate, with the waistline hidden beneath the belt. Ao Dai patterns are available online. Various LOTR-style elf costume patterns can also be used to acheive the look.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.