Kibnd of Outer

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Kibnd of Outer

Post by stripes »

Looks like the Obi sash is too small IMO... and I'm going to assume the white thread is just a basting stitch that will be replaced with properly coloured thread...

tarabillas

Post by tarabillas »

The belt measures exactly 10 cm, and the band is in the middle, is 3 cm. I gave importance to these measures. Do I need to be bigger?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

tarabillas wrote:The belt measures exactly 10 cm, and the band is in the middle, is 3 cm. I gave importance to these measures. Do I need to be bigger?
Not looking at the width... rather the length. It appears too short in the back as the ends don't appear to meet or overlap

tarabillas

Post by tarabillas »

Remember that it is not over yet. Is still in process. I have to adjust all parts and make the finish.

StarGuard
TKID: 21689

Post by StarGuard »

Hi Tarabillas!!!

It looks like my inner robe. If the measures of the belt are the same of the CRL, fine.

I hope see your outer robe soon! You are on the right way I think.

V-cell
TKID: 12221

Post by V-cell »

Great advancement Tarabillas. May I assume that the white thread that is being seen in the pictures is a "marking" thread, to show where the actual stitching is going to occur and that the Obi Sash will be of a length where both ends meet perfectly (or overlap), thus producing perfect look?

Our standards are high, yet they can all be met. Once you are finished, you will be proud of not only your achievement, but of having one of the greatest looking costumes in the legion.

Excited to see your next updates.
Alejandro Uribe-Benninghoff
TR-12221

tarabillas

Post by tarabillas »

Thanks for your support. Indeed, those white wires are to get an idea of how it will be in the future. This is a small preview of what will be soon a true royal guard. I'm still working on it and wanting to end soon. I will continue showing progress here. Thank You.

tarabillas

Post by tarabillas »

This is the inner 99%. Only need to measure the bottom of the tunic. I'm still working to complete the costume. Thank You.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

That looks exactly like you want it! The inner robe needs to be slightly shorter than your outer robes, and you want the robes off the ground so you can walk without fear of tripping. Without the outer robes on it's hard to see if that's met but based upon this I'd say you're good.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

You are doing fine and are on the right way.
Closure of the sash looks good and the length looks good to me too.