New Royal Guard

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Hilldegar
TKID: 85018

New Royal Guard

Post by Hilldegar »

:emp: Hi, my name is Miguel and I'm from Spain. I recently got in contact with the members of the Spanish Garrison to make my Royal Guar costume. Following their advices I open this topic to show you my progress and receive your help when necessary. I'm glad to be part of this forum, and I expect to be a sovereing protector soon. Thanks for your kind attention.

Now the first thing I would like to ask about are the boots. I have seen these boots on Ebay and I think that removing the straps could be suitable. What do you think?

http://m.ebay.es/itm/361083959711

If not... what about the boots posted by gruff in the other topic? Thanks a million.

Tomorrow I will try to upload pictures of the fabric selected for my inner robe to see your opinions.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: New Royal Guard

Post by stripes »

Hilldegar wrote::emp: Hi, my name is Miguel and I'm from Spain. I recently got in contact with the members of the Spanish Garrison to make my Royal Guar costume. Following their advices I open this topic to show you my progress and receive your help when necessary. I'm glad to be part of this forum, and I expect to be a sovereing protector soon. Thanks for your kind attention.

Now the first thing I would like to ask about are the boots. I have seen these boots on Ebay and I think that removing the straps could be suitable. What do you think?

http://m.ebay.es/itm/361083959711

If not... what about the boots posted by gruff in the other topic? Thanks a million.

Tomorrow I will try to upload pictures of the fabric selected for my inner robe to see your opinions.
The boots you have listed are not appropriate for this costume.

Hilldegar

Post by Hilldegar »

Ok, I have been visiting some shops looking for appropriate boots, and these are what I have found:

I have to to say that I would like to order the boots that Groof recommended but the matter is that I have got a quite big feet (45 EUR :geez: ) so I would need to tried the boots before, for this reason I am still looking for boots instead of order what we saw in the other topic.

Finally and as I promised, here is the picture of one of the possible fabrics that I have seen for the inner robe:

I don't know if you could appreciate in this photo that following the CRL, the colour is burgundy.

What do you think? I will appreciate all the recommendations and advices you could give me. Thanks a lot.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Neither of the boots you have posted are approvable due to the ornamental stiching. The boots need to be as plain as possible, non-textured. Your best bet would be something like a riding boot or german jack boot style with smooth leather and no extra straps or stitching.

The colour is difficult to assess as there is no basis for comparison to any other colour. The photo also appears to be with a flash which will alter the colour of the sample. If possible, please show the fabric with no flash and the red outer cloak fabric for comparison.

Hilldegar

Post by Hilldegar »

Ok, I will continue looking for the boots.

Going back to the fabric, I don't know if this photo could be better:

Thanks!

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

There is something not looking right with the fabric. It appears to have white flecks in it, almost like it is not solidly dyed throughout. You want to find a heavy weight fabric that has a solid dye job on it. The colour is close, a shade or two darker wouldn't hurt.

Hilldegar

Post by Hilldegar »

I don't know why those flecks appear, I can't really appreciate them directly in the fabric perhaps the reason is the light... I will try to show you new pictures tomorrow with natural light and if it is still wrong I will look for different fabric.

Searching on internet I have found two more models of boots that could be close to what you told me:

http://www.milanuncios.com/otros-caball ... 815943.htm

http://m.ebay.es/itm/360490733018?nav=SEARCH

I consider the first ones pretty close to the original Jack boots...in fact I have discovered that the brand Iturri made riding boots like those ones for the German army :o

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

The first option would work.

The second option would work, but with the lining I would be hesitant to recommend them as it will make your feet very hot in an already hot to wear costume

Gruff
TKID: 11014

Post by Gruff »

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Gruff wrote:What about these?

http://imperialboots.com/products/jack-boots/
As long as the leather is textureless those would work. The picture of the boot isn't reliable enough to give a definitive answer