Force Pike Blueprints

Madighon
TKID: 90603

Force Pike Blueprints

Post by Madighon »

Looking for opinions on the force Pike I've drawn blueprints for. I plan to make the entire thing out of aluminum exept the rasp witch will be out of Brass. I will then paint the pomell and grips black. I'm interested in any comments or suggestions everyone has. These are not final drawings as I drew them in Microsoft Excel and so there are no true radius where there will be a couple in the final product. Total length of the Force Pike with these dimensions is 48.5 inches.

Please remember that this is all based in inches, so 1/16 inch = .0625, 1/8 inch = .125, 1/4 inch = .25 and 1/2 inch = .5 etc.

ImageForce Pike Blueprint by Jomcint, on Flickr

Thanks,
Madighon

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Force Pike Blueprints

Post by stripes »

The design is cool. I'd urge a great deal of caution if you're planning to take it to any conventions though. More and more conventions are banning metal "weapons and props" from the con floor over security concerns. I'd hate to see something like this get confiscated to a con security room.

Madighon
TKID: 90603

Re: Force Pike Blueprints

Post by Madighon »

I've noticed that some library's are offering 3d printing to the public. Submit your files and they print your pieces. I may make this drawing into a 3d drawing that can be printed in several pieces, then assembled and painted. Might be much less expensive and more troopable (both lighter and not Metal).