Costume mock up

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Costume mock up

Post by MagnaPrime »

Ok, this is just a mock up. I basically used a pattern for a three musketeers tabard and then exteneded it. Well ok so my mom had to help with this one but still. The seems are done differently. The one on my left is shorter than the right. It looks better in person but I wanted to get some opinions before I went with velvet. And I know about the hole in the back we were going to extend the seam in the rear to fix that. Also, is a satin ok for the lining, I want this to flow better and at my size I expect the velvet will be clinging a good bit. Thanks for the help gusy.
Attachments
random 013.jpg
random 013.jpg (17 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
random 009.jpg
random 009.jpg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 5782 times
random 006.jpg
random 006.jpg (34.2 KiB) Viewed 5781 times

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Costume mock up

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

here is a side shot of mine. I still need to do some touch ups. The velvet was clinging to the under robes.

If you have any questions on this drop me a line I will be more than welcome to help you out.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: Costume mock up

Post by Darth Skellington »

Looks good. My only concern is on the arm panels, you have these fabric "flaps" that kinda stick out when you are at ease. You might consider making these a little bigger so that they can be tucked inside the robes and tacked down. That way you would never see "inside" your robes unless your arm was sticking out. Sort of "parting the curtain" so your arm can stick out.

Dunno. It's an idea I was playing around with while tinkering on my AOTC robe design. If you look at my robe thread, you might get a better idea what I'm talking about. I don't think I'll have any issue with my side panels sticking out in any undesired way. However, my current practice version has shoulder corners that have small extra flaps of fabric I need to figure out how to remove. Similar issue that's bugging me. :(

Overall, your design looks good. In my opinion I'd just play around with those arm panels and see if anything works even better.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.