WIP Royal Guard AotC

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

iromano
TKID: 15828

WIP Royal Guard AotC

Post by iromano »

Hi:

I have asked a dressmaker to make me the costume and yesterday I've gone to see her for the first test. At the moment I only tried the inner robe and the lining of the outer robe. This is the result:

Inner robes and belt:

Before cutting the Velvet, the dressmaker tried with the lining to see how the cloak would be. It is a detail of the shoulder of the cloak cutting:

The lining of the cloak:

Belt detailed:

Any correction that should indicate to the dressmaker?

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: WIP Royal Guard AotC

Post by stripes »

The belt is incorrect. The middle section should be the same fabric as the rest of the belt, NOT something different.

For the outer cloak, you will not want a seam in the middle of the front panel as this will not be approved. Also, when hemmed, the entire cloak should be no more than 1" off the ground at all points around it's base.

iromano
TKID: 15828

Post by iromano »

stripes wrote:The belt is incorrect. The middle section should be the same fabric as the rest of the belt, NOT something different.
Ok. I follow the picture in CRL but I see other threads. I tell to dressmaker to correct it.
stripes wrote:For the outer cloak, you will not want a seam in the middle of the front panel as this will not be approved. Also, when hemmed, the entire cloak should be no more than 1" off the ground at all points around it's base.
The line that looks like a seam really is the folded fabric. And as it was a test, the hem is not definitive.

My doubts are if the shoulder seam is correct or should I correct it.

Thank you.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The shoulder seam is corect