Big head, what helmet...

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Mauri
TKID: 91176

Big head, what helmet...

Post by Mauri »

Hi friends!

Iテつエve reading in the forum but itテつエs not clear for me. I tried on two helmets: the 1:1 one is a bit unconfortable for me, so a prefer the other option, which fitted very well. The only thing I can tell you is that I could move my head inside (just a bit) and was very confortable for me. Both were fiber-glass helmets.

Looking for on the Internet, I found several sellers in Argentina who tell me they have a bigger one, but Iテつエd like to be sure before buying the helmet.

My head is about 60 cms (23in) in its widest point, and from the top of the head to my shoulders, 27cms (11in).

Besides, I have read some acronyms I donテつエt understand: MLC, TB, FP, GF...

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Re: Big head, what helmet...

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

For the acronyms you asked for like for example FP, means sellers who sell props. At the board itテつエs not allowed to do commerical for them, so itテつエs just acronyms.

To your helmet question, one shop in Argentinia might be FP if so Iテつエve one bucket of him. Itテつエs really huge and comfortabel to wear. I guess he has molds buckets. You have do some final works on it. May he has complete buckets?!?

Cybermew3
TKID: 5973

Post by Cybermew3 »

FP will sell unpainted or painted helmets (for extra). As far as I know they run larger.

TR - 5973 (ROTJ)
Dylan "Norbitt" Saunders
Redback Garrison
2014 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - PR Team
2018 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - COG

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Cybermew3 wrote:FP will sell unpainted or painted helmets (for extra). As far as I know they run larger.
Thanks you two!

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

The South American vendor they're talking about, FP, sells fiberglass helmets which fit even the largest of heads (my head is about 24 inches and I've got plenty of room.

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

JesterTDA wrote:The South American vendor they're talking about, FP, sells fiberglass helmets which fit even the largest of heads (my head is about 24 inches and I've got plenty of room.
Ok. Thanks! I'll take it into account! I think this will be my option!

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Jande kenobi wrote:
JesterTDA wrote:The South American vendor they're talking about, FP, sells fiberglass helmets which fit even the largest of heads (my head is about 24 inches and I've got plenty of room.
Ok. Thanks! I'll take it into account! I think this will be my option!
Hi again.

I have a question. I,ve talking to an Argentinian seller who has a DP deluxe modified. Is this one bigger? How is a DP helmet?

Thanks!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

A Don Post (DP) helmet, is not big. Even if it is modified for fiberglass, it is likely very small in comparison to others that are available.

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

stripes wrote:A Don Post (DP) helmet, is not big. Even if it is modified for fiberglass, it is likely very small in comparison to others that are available.
Thanks!

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Jande kenobi wrote:
stripes wrote:A Don Post (DP) helmet, is not big. Even if it is modified for fiberglass, it is likely very small in comparison to others that are available.
Thanks!
So better a FP... Isn't it?