I need your opinion and advises...

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Mauri
TKID: 91176

I need your opinion and advises...

Post by Mauri »

Hi friends!

Recently I have bought the fabric for my AOTC and want to see some photos. Where can I found them?

I´ve seen several kind of AOTC. I refer to the outer. In some cases the front part comes from the center, and in other cases from the shoulders. I like the second one. For 501st is it approval?

I put a photo so that you see what I mean.

As for the boots and gloves, any website to get them???

Thanks a lot!!!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: I need your opinion and advises...

Post by stripes »

No robes are ever split down the center... not sure where you would have gotten that reference from.

The image you have posted is a screen capture from during the filming process for AoTC and is an acceptable reference photo to build the costume around though you may have difficulty in creating this effect without finding ultrawide velvet.

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

stripes wrote:No robes are ever split down the center... not sure where you would have gotten that reference from.

The image you have posted is a screen capture from during the filming process for AoTC and is an acceptable reference photo to build the costume around though you may have difficulty in creating this effect without finding ultrawide velvet.
Thanks for your opinion. I found it on the Internet. Do you recommend to do it that way? I prefer this one. I like more...

The effect is difficult. I'll try to do my best. My velvet is 1,50 m wide. If it's not enough I'll try to add more velvet... I don't know...

Thanks!

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Jande kenobi wrote:
stripes wrote:No robes are ever split down the center... not sure where you would have gotten that reference from.

Thanks for your opinion. I found it on the Internet. Do you recommend to do it that way? I prefer this one. I like more...

The effect is difficult. I'll try to do my best. My velvet is 1,50 m wide. If it's not enough I'll try to add more velvet... I don't know...

Thanks!
1.5m wide velvet is the standard 45" velvet we see in North America. The costumes done for the movies used a much wider velvet to be able to pull off this effect (old theatre curtains with, if memory serves me correctly, 60" or 75" width per panel).

I would personally recommend following the example of this costume that was shown from the archives during the North American tour of Star Wars in Concert:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Look this one. This is what I want. The effect is not the same, but thr front part seems to appear from the shoulders. That´s what I mean... What do you think?

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Jande kenobi wrote:Look this one. This is what I want. The effect is not the same, but thr front part seems to appear from the shoulders. That´s what I mean... What do you think?

If you can achieve this with the fabric you have, this would be acceptable

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

That pic seems pretty good to me.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

stripes wrote:
Jande kenobi wrote:Look this one. This is what I want. The effect is not the same, but thr front part seems to appear from the shoulders. That´s what I mean... What do you think?

This also seems to be a ROTJ version (only the one arm and fabric gloves).

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

JesterTDA wrote:
stripes wrote:

This also seems to be a ROTJ version (only the one arm and fabric gloves).

Thanks for your answers.

May seem a ROTJ because you only see one hand. I´ve seen other photos and both hands are out. Boots are black as well.

I´ll show you photos once my tailor had my costume so that you give me your opinion.

As for the boots, any suggestion in Europe?

Thanks!!!

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

Loooking forward to see the pics of your robe when ready ;)

For boots option in Europe I would advise for example the German Army Boots(BW Paradestiefel Wachbataillon) like those: