Senate Commando.

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Skupilkinson

Re: Senate Commando.

Post by Skupilkinson »

Update on the helmet. :)

Today I've been finishing the slot system for the plumes and cleaning up the lid. The slots are done and work a treat. They're nothing out of this world but do the job well.

Most of the small areas that needed filling are all done too. I'm just waiting for filler to harden before I go back out and sand it back. Then a coat of paint so I can see what's what. The goal is to have this lid ready to be sent off for moulding tomorrow.

Some pics, I'm further along than this but the camera's charging.

Hopefully more to see later or tomorrow.

tuskenfett

Post by tuskenfett »

Are you going to be casting these? If so I and another guy in my squad would be intrested is getting one
southern california garrison
sunriderbase
wretched hive

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Yes mate. We will be. Hopefully within the next month. ;)

tuskenfett

Post by tuskenfett »

Perfect
southern california garrison
sunriderbase
wretched hive

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

I think I'm done and it's onto the wetsanding phase now? Perhaps some small areas that need attention but overall it's time to prep it for silicone!

I normally would have give it a coat of primer for these pics but I'm all out. So, I used the blue paint I got for painting my personal lid and armor. Just to see how it looked. :) Plus with it being gloss, it helps to fill those pesky tiny air holes you always get when using Bondo.

I'm really happy with it at this point. A day well spent!

Jawa

Post by Jawa »

That helmet looks amazing. For the paint were you going to use that color or something with a more violet tone? From the reference pics they looks kind of like a blue/violet. Or is paint going to be up to the individual making the build?
Justin Mounce: Jawa extraordinaire
UTINNI!!
"Silence...The great and powerful Jawa has spoken!"

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Well, that's my choice for the blue. They are blue in the show but not one flat colour. There's like a weathering there so I'll be misting my lid and armor with some grey, black and a touch of white(very lightly) to break up that blue base colour.

No-one's done this costume yet so there's no CRL, no previous build to follow, so it's all up to the individual at this point.

Jawa

Post by Jawa »

Skupilkinson wrote:
No-one's done this costume yet so there's no CRL, no previous build to follow, so it's all up to the individual at this point.
I figured as much, the bucket looks amazing (I'll most likely buy one if and when you do a run) I always give big respect for people being the pioneer of a new build.
Justin Mounce: Jawa extraordinaire
UTINNI!!
"Silence...The great and powerful Jawa has spoken!"

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Thanks mate. I just like doing something that no-one or few have done. I like this character, the look of it but the fact bo-one had done it was a major part of the appeal too.

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Another update, though at this point the pics aren't really gonna show you the progress. Purely because I'm wet sanding and cleaning up a few lines and what not. So, for this batch of pics I thought it may be a good idea to take comparison pics for anyone wondering how big(or small) this lid is.

The subjects for comparison are the KWD ARF Trooper and Sonic(Jet) helmets. Figured they made sense since some of you guys have seen the Jet lid at SDCC and most have seen an ARF at some point now? Plus they're both fellow TCW lids.

I think it compares pretty well as far as size goes but now you can see and make up your own minds. :)

I still have another round of wetsanding to do along with a little addition I'm making but I'm on track to have this ready to go to Talon for the silicone treatment by the end of the week.