Senate Commando.

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Skupilkinson

Senate Commando.

Post by Skupilkinson »

Hey guys,

New member here. :) My name is Andrew but everyone calls me Skip. Pleased to meet you all. :)

I was recommended by a fellow member of the Mandalorian Mercs to start a thread here about a set of templates I've developed to make the helmets of the Senate Commandos as seen in The Clone Wars episode, "Cloak of Darkness".

I've done both Captain Argyus and the more standard looking Commando lid. Argyus has no visor and his face is visible, the other has a visor. I think the Argyus lid needs a little tweaking before I call it done but it's looking good so far.

I'm hoping to make one myself some time soon but I also sell copies of these templates through my blog ( www.skipspepakuracostumes.blogspot.com ) to those who fancy trying them out. I'm not sure if many here visit The Dented Helmet? But there are templates there of Fetts helmet and armor that people can use to make their own costume parts using sintra or even card and fibreglass. These will work the same way when I get started. I did a similar project last year with the Emporor's Royal Guard, that's yet to be completed though. It's fibreglassed but is awaiting bondo to finish the surface off.

Anyway I just wanted to follow through and show these and I'll update with pics as and when I start a build. ;)

Hope you like 'em. They may come in handy to some of you guys??

Erm, not sure what to say now. LOL!

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Re: Senate Commando.

Post by Darth Skellington »

Cool. I'm sure that costume will be of cross-interest to many Royal Guard fans.

BTW, Hasbro announced that they plan on making an Argyus figure in the cartoon line I think later this year. I think I'll have to settle for just adding that to my collection, instead of a life-size costume. ;)
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Really? I hadn't heard that. Have to add that one to the collection. :)

Ang
Former DL
TKID: 6624

Post by Ang »

Unless we see this more outside of the Clone Wars or in more eps, I don't think it will be a 501st approvable one, maybe a Rebel Legion one though.

Other than that, no one will stop you anyway, so have fun! I look forward to seeing progress if someone takes on building a helmet.

tuskenfett

Post by tuskenfett »

My squad is doing animated molds so I'm takin mine and making one of these and as far as 501st acceptable the republic commandos are acceptable so why would these not pass?
southern california garrison
sunriderbase
wretched hive

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

WOW! I'd forgotten about this thread here.

Well, I did start building the helmet and it's close to ready now. We've also done the shoulder guard too. That was CNC'd to make a vac forming buck rather than moulding and making fibreglass copies.

Some pics:

It'll be just one helmet but a choice of plumes(sp?) so that a Captain/Officer or grunt can be done.

Things have changed a lot since this thread was started with more TCW characters becoming 501st accepted but there still hasn't been a completed Senate Commando so time will tell.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

My question is this. Are the "PLUME" sections interchange able. If so that's worth maybe looking into? I took a few weeks off from the armor so as not to burn myself out on some stuff. Skel and I where discussing the Blasters the otherday also.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Well, the kit will offer a choice. So you can get one or the other but as for interchangeable, it is possible? At the moment the intention is to use a slot system to fix a plume into the lid, then glue it in place BUT you could use earth magnets to secure a plume without permanently fixing it in place?

As for blasters, it's worth checking out the "Animated-Army" forum as blasters for the TCW clones and Senate Commandos(as the weapons are the same) have already been built there.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Its that whole thought process thinking out loud. That way to be able to do either The Captain or a GRUNT. I know going from Argyus to grunt will be easier than going from Jayfon to grunt. Looks really good man.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Yeah, with Jayofn you have more of the white custom paint on the armor than Argyus has. Though I do prefer Jayfon, I like the paint and the fact his lid has the visor.