Senate Commando.

The Senate Guard as seen in Revenge of the Sith

tuskenfett

Re: Senate Commando.

Post by tuskenfett »

Wow it looks really good I'm excited to get my hands on one it's really the only animated costume I have a desire for partly for the same reason you started the build. Do you have an idea price wise what your going to offer these for?
southern california garrison
sunriderbase
wretched hive

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Looks very well in blue. Do you happen to have a color code for that shade of blue. Was wondering if it was going to be the same color blue that you see the troopers in the 501st blue in the ROTS movie?

CRL hmm. :) Must have talks with the folks over at the Clone Detachment
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

tuskenfett

Post by tuskenfett »

Seriously! Let's get these things approved
southern california garrison
sunriderbase
wretched hive

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Would be nice to know they can be an official part of the 501st.

As well as the Senate Commando, the Senate Guard also appears in The Clone Wars.

Different from AotC and RotS, the Senate Guards in TCW wear the same armor as clones and Senate Commandos. I'm unsure if they have the same larger shoulder guard on the left shoulder though? The TCW Guards have a cloak similar to Boba Fett that drapes over the left shoulder.

And here's a concept pic of one of the Senate Commando captains, Jayfon.

LT, I don't have a code for the shade of blue mate. It's a rattle can auto paint.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I think my head just exploded on that Skip. Good finds for sure. Yeah consistency would say yes probably they would have the HEART shoulder bell. Didn't expect to see the EP2 guard helmet ;)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

It caught me by surprise too mate. I spotted them in one episode and it was so breif that if you blinked you'd miss it. Then they appeared again but with more screen time.

I plan to do both Senate Commando and Guard now since the cloak and helmet are the only two main differences.

So, to go off topic slightly, do any of you guys know where I may get a Senate Guard helmet? :D

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I know someone sculpted one in the UK... but i wouldn't think it would be too hard for you to combine the two helmets into one. I don't see much difference in the TCW and the EP2 but I'd like to see maybe a way to do the plumes in the \ / style better.

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Hmm, I was wondering about that.

I thought maybe stiff bristles from a sweeping brush? Not for a movie version but for the TCW version??

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Ok!! The Senate Commando is finished and ready! :D

I've lost three days working on my Kashyyk Trooper by finishing this but it's been time well spent and a joy to finally see this complete. I'm hoping to have the funds available to send this off to Talon by Friday so a mould can be made.

He's already finished the shoulder.

IF anyone's interested in one of these, shoot my a PM and we can discuss it that way. :)

Pics:

Skupilkinson

Post by Skupilkinson »

Helmet's on it's way to Tennesse for moulding! Will be there by Friday this week.