The interior of the helmet.....

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

jedianye
TKID: 30966

The interior of the helmet.....

Post by jedianye »

Hello,
this will soon be a year that I wear my dress, but I have a problem. My helmet is not at all comfortable to wear. I am very interested to see some interiors of your helmets. I would like to install a microphone and control system of the temperature inside. My helmet is a DON POST 1996.
:trsuit: :shoot:
Protect or die....

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Re: The interior of the helmet.....

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

I´ve only a piece of foam plastics inside. Just fixed with hook-and-loop fastener! That´s comfortable enough for me.
I always dream of some air condition in my bucket but haven´t realized it so far.

Mortty
TKID: 17071

Post by Mortty »

I have two fans. Pc fans of 40 and each with a little case for AAA 9 v batteries with a switcher in each case. It's cheap and easy , quick and clean to intall with a hot melt glue gun.

jedianye
TKID: 30966

Post by jedianye »

Can i see someone photos please help :trsuit:
Protect or die....

Cabbagefarmer
TKID: 7617

Post by Cabbagefarmer »

Here we go :trsuit: just simple, but it works
ImageImage

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I simply have a piece of foam glued to the crown of the bucket inside (where Cabbagefarmer has his). You can't see the placement of my fans really well so I'd mocked this up awhile ago to show you where my fans sit:

Bouri-Plwel
TKID: 14623

Post by Bouri-Plwel »

For this particular helmet, do interior fans really help all that much or make a big difference? I intend to do it with mine, but won't waste my time if it does not have much benefit to it. Please advise.

Also, I would assume this may be one of the only ways to keep the lens from fogging up while wearing?

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

Mine do a great job in keeping me from hearing anything basically :) Honestly though I think the fans do a good job in keeping the visor from fogging and it can create a nice air flow which really does help.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

I've got some anti fog spray that I use to treat my visor, but fogging will occur to some extent regardless of setup depending on the environment you are in.

JesterTDA

Post by JesterTDA »

No more so than in the summer during an outdoor event. I was at a baseball game and everything was fine (well it was almost 90 degrees and with 3 layers of velvet it's more than warm) until the 8th inning when a thunderstorm came within about 15 miles of us. The humidity skyrocketed and I had a hard time making it back to the changing area.