New Rubies Supreme Helmet Visor question.

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: New Rubies Supreme Helmet Visor question.

Post by JesterTDA »

Were I to have a store in my area which sold football visors I might have gone that route but I do have a Honda motorcycle store right down the road from work which sold the smoked visors for under $7 US. DEAL! :)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

That is really a great price point.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth_Davis

Post by Darth_Davis »

I ordered just a sheet of the mirrored red from this same guy off of ebay. It is the same material as the sports helmet visors. he sells it in single sheets that are 5.5 in X 10 in. It has shipped and will be here soon I hope. I will post pics when it arrives of the sheet alone before, and after installed.

Jarvis
TKID: 0

Post by Jarvis »

Put mess behind the visor should work

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

As has been stated in other threads, mesh is not acceptable for 501st approval.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

stripes wrote:As has been stated in other threads, mesh is not acceptable for 501st approval.
Definitely Mesh by itself is not approvable, but maybe mesh behind the current visor is OK. I think it really depends on the size of the mesh screen and if you can see the mesh lines or not. I've never done this myself, but I would assume the finer the mesh screen the better to prevent folks from seeing your eyes from a camera flash and having the mesh lines show up behind the visor. Maybe someone who has put a fine mesh behind their visor can show a picture with flash of what this would look like?
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

For Halloween this year I'm making all three of my kid's Jawa costumes. The mask's require you not to be able to see the wearer's eyes while the wearer still needs to obviously be able to see. I used a very cheap black cotton cloth.

As you can see below you can see through the fabric but there isn't a chance you can see the wearer's eyes:

Perhaps something along those lines behind the visor would work but honestly why would you want to do that? Window tint and you're golden as far as I can tell (though I've never seen a Rubies or the original visor so I can't swear until I see it for myself).