ROTS CRL

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Ackredies

Re: ROTS CRL

Post by Ackredies »

Stripes you're a top guy and totally agree and well worded response :) I will get some evidence together and put it forward so we can all discuss and decide.

Thank you.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I would also like to see your source references.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Silverback
TKID: 98266

Post by Silverback »

It seem that some of my posts have caused offence which was never my intent, I'd like to apologise as this is not acceptable. Be it enthusiasm or just plain emotion I seem to have stepped over the border turning a discussion into an argument for which again is not acceptable and again I'm sorry for my actions. With regards to the topic I think all has been said and it has to conclude there so it maybe time to move on.
Jason Fairhurst

MagnaPrime
TKID: 8285

Post by MagnaPrime »

Man, I gotta get my head off the drawing boards more often, I'm late to this party. I cannot find the photos at this time. The best photos showing the back slits I recall from right around when I joined were from the Star Wars in Concert tour where they had the guard on display for all to see. There is another photo showing the guards sitting in a transport that I think also might help, but at this time I cannot find them.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I too am somewhat late to the discussion once the evidence was shone but I have to say I'm not sure what the questioning is about. The photo that has been shone clearly shows the inner lining of the arm slit and shows up there is a front and a back. I'm going to have to say that much like American Football (who knows if Canadian Football even has rules *grin*), unless there is indisputable video (or photographic) evidence the ruling on the field stands.

Rapture23
TKID: 23126

Post by Rapture23 »

I am new and have no dog in this fight but I understand what they are saying about this photo and thought I could possibly help explain.

Here is an alternate photo of the scene

Here is the reference shot from the same scene

The assertion is that the "left arm" of the front guard is not his arm at all but a product of the camera angle and you are also seeing the other guard on the back row. If you look closely it does appear that could be the case. Not total proof but I do see with the shadow changes and the way the shoulder flares strangely that this could be the case.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

While I can appreciate this point... it is hardly conclusive evidence that can be used to dismiss the current CRL's as they are written.

Rapture23
TKID: 23126

Post by Rapture23 »

I agree completely....I was just trying to help clarify his point.

I am sure that they entire 4 arm CRL was not solely at the mercy of this one photo....the rest are with the JFK magic bullet burried with Hoffa :trsuit:

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

For the record. When Star wars in Concert was in Dallas in 2009. I personally got on my hands and knees and looked at the robes at all angles.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Balcony Brawler
TKID: 11107

Post by Balcony Brawler »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:For the record. When Star wars in Concert was in Dallas in 2009. I personally got on my hands and knees and looked at the robes at all angles.
I would have loved to have seen this, I'm sure you got some weird looks.
TR 11107
Bast Alpha Garrison
The Emperor's Thinking Guard