Condensation issues

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

TR-10574
TKID: 10574

Re: Condensation issues

Post by TR-10574 »

I have my lens spaced on top and bottom to let air in about 1/8" from the front. I smear softsoap on the lens prior to trooping and wipe off excess and let dry and no fogging at all. I also installed two squirrel cage fans at the top of the helmet blowing down over forehead toward lens. This keeps air flowing so you don't feel like you are going to die. After a few troops, you get used to it to some degree and remember to hydrate frequently. I use clorox wipes after every troop to keep the bucket from growing bacteria and smelling nice. I do not use foam, just let the bucket rest on my shoulders so air can move somewhat with the fans. A wet neckerchief around the head and neck help you feel cool with the fans moving. Hope this helps.

silverBoyd
TKID: 5945

Post by silverBoyd »

I've tried multiple things with my Sandtrooper helmet and honestly...shaving cream really works. Same thought as rubbing the inside lenses with dish soap.

The cheaper the shaving cream the better I've also heard.

1) Rub layer of shaving cream (foam kind...not the gel) onto lense
2) Wait 5 minutes and rub off.

I've put shaving cream on mine days before marching @ Disney World for SWW and I didn't fog up once. And the humidity and heat there were insane
Carolina Garrison CO (2014 - Current)
TD-5945 / Sandtrooper
DZ-5945 / Tusken Raider
TR-5945 / Return of the Jedi: Royal Guard
TA-5945 / AT-AT Driver

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I have to second the shaving cream comments. I use a tiny can of cheap stuff and it really really works. Did a Star Wars night at the Pittsburgh Pirates last night in my 3 layers of heavy cloth, 89 degrees, sun, and high humidity and it didn't fog up at all...and I had sweat rolling down my face.