New bucket!!

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

Darthman

Re: New bucket!!

Post by Darthman »

Well, I've put the Shadow Guard build on the back burner for now. But, I did order a Rubies Royal Guard kit! Can't wait for it to show up!!!

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Darthman wrote:Well, I've put the Shadow Guard build on the back burner for now. But, I did order a Rubies Royal Guard kit! Can't wait for it to show up!!!
Please tell me you didn't waste your money on a full supreme edition kit with robes. This kit IS NOT 501st approvable.

Darth_Davis

Post by Darth_Davis »

Im curious as to why the kit would not be approvable? As far as I can tell it meets everything in the CRL with the exception of the lens in the helmet and the gloves. Seems to me if you were to replace the lens and glove and purchase a proper pair of boots it would be fine.

Someone enlighten me. I only ask because i saw a post on a diffrent costume board from a couple of years back where a member had stated that they had their Rubies supreme robes approved.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

I've seen the Rubies supreme edition in person on several occasions.

It is made of cheap Halloween "velvet" and is a one size fits most costume that cannot be modified to fit properly.
The fabric used for the inner robes and cloak lining is not a matte finish (shiny Halloween velvet most often seen on princess/victorian type gowns at costume shops)
The belt is completely incorrect.
The outer shell of the cloak is a cheap crushed velvet (Halloween costume fabric) and is not allowed as per the CRL.
The gloves aren't even worth discussing.

As I have stated numerous times here on these forums, the only thing that is salvageable from a Rubies supreme edition costume is the helmet, and even that as you pointed out requires a new visor.