Glove length

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

kaa1304
TKID: 13047

Glove length

Post by kaa1304 »

Hey guards,

I'm about to make a pattern for my gloves, same material as my inner robe but am unsure about how long to make them? CRL: The gloves are to cover the wearer's wrists - well, that's fine but do they actually go under the robe, or over?

thanks all.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Glove length

Post by stripes »

For an Ep 6 guard, the glove go under the robes.

Best bet as far as length goes... the gloves should be gauntlet length... this would be a good 2-3" above the wrist as the wrist should be fully covered to help maintain the illusion that the costume creates.

This is more wording that will be clarified for the CRL's as we work through them to ensure that as much detail as possible is posted.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

Every image (e.g. screen shots or exhibit photos) that I have seen of the ROTJ Royal Guard had the inner robe cuffs go over the glove cuffs. In other words, the gloves are tucked in.

To be able to do this more easily, I had to shorten my glove cuff gauntlets a bit.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

kaa1304
TKID: 13047

Post by kaa1304 »

thanks all, that's perfect. for some reason, i don't know why, but i was convinced they went over the sleeve. not that it would make any difference to my construction at the end of the day, but at least I know now :)

cheers