TR-ROTS-WIP-Philsy from Melbourne

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

philsyb
TKID: 5686

TR-ROTS-WIP-Philsy from Melbourne

Post by philsyb »

Gday fellow guard brothers and sisters.

Long story, but after getting a TK 501 approved as my first costume in 2012, I was drawn to the TR as a second project to take on and have been slowly progressing.

Apologies, whilst i had introduced myself on Forcepike last year in the newbies section, I have'nt been very active, have made a WIP-build thread on my local squad/garrison forum.

Have embarked on a long journey of research and certain members and staff on this forum and local guards in my area have been truley amazing in their advice and support, thank you to all.

I'm currently waiting for a seamstress to make some very small alterations to my robes, so thought I'd start a WIP here as well.

Bucket: sourced from TPE (please excuse the acronyms, if you want more details please PM)
Gloves/Pike from: EP
Robes: inner, outer, neckseal, sash: from the most amazing LSFU
Boots: from a current TR that had a spare pair he sourced from the US

PHOTOS BELOW:

So this is all the gear (minus the boots which I have yet to collect) sitting on my friend Manny. The lighting was poor artificial light in the room so please ignore the colors as they are not accurate. I'll have to take my approval pics in natural light for a more accurate representation.

Additionally, the bucket does not sit right on Manny's head (he is big-headed) and the robes need taking-up as they were just a tad too long.

Cheers.

Philsy Blackman
TK-5686
Terror Australis Garrison
Melbourne, Australia
(PM me for contact details)

philsyb

Re: TR-ROTS-WIP-Philsy from Melbourne

Post by philsyb »

Robes length: Manny is taller then me so robes look ok on him but definitely too long on me, currently getting them adjusted. Will post pics of me wearing everything in a couple weeks from now.

Cheers.
Philsy Blackman
TK-5686
Melbourne, Australia

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The biggest suggestion I have right now would be to repaint the helmet for a better colour match to your outer cloak.

philsyb

Post by philsyb »

Yea I thought I'd get some comments about that, as mentioned, its not an accurate photo as the robes and bucket are not that different in crimson red color, its just the lighting at the time of the photo made it look outa whack - as you'll see in approval pics I'll post later, but thanks I'll double check it.
Philsy Blackman
TK-5686
Melbourne, Australia

redpaint
TKID: 6263

Post by redpaint »

Looks good mate,

Good to see you will be boosting the guard numbers to help out Marcus. :trsuit:
Maybe you'll both be able to start outnumbering the Sith now. :D
When you take your next photos try taking some without flash on a tripod or something, helps with the colours.

philsyb

Post by philsyb »

Thanks RP.

Yea Marcus has been a BIG help, couldn't have done it without him. He also gave me some photo pointers.

This Detachment has been very useful for recon and research.

Thanks for the tip.
Philsy Blackman
TK-5686
Melbourne, Australia