Geo's RotJ RG W.I.P.

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

cjfrancese79
TKID: 89620

Re: Geo's RotJ RG W.I.P.

Post by cjfrancese79 »

I painted mine with a light coat of gold model paint so that it wasn't TOO golden.
Christopher Francese
TR/TI/IC/IG 89620
Northeast Remnant

Geohazard
TKID: 14247

Post by Geohazard »

Hello Timothy,

I am writing on behalf of the Golden Gate Garrison of the 501st Legion to officially thank you for your additional costume submission.

I have thoroughly reviewed the photos you submitted and are pleased to APPROVE your Tie Pilot Reserve (TI) costume!
http://www.goldengategarrison.com/galle ... impson-TI/

http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/GGG-G ... t=3&page=1
We will also be posting an announcement of your approved costume and membership in the Golden Gate Garrison Barracks forum shortly. http://www.goldengategarrison.com/phpBB ... um.php?f=3

Congratulations and thank you for supporting the legion's mission of celebrating the Star Wars movies through the wearing of costumes, promoting the quality and improvement of costumes and props, and most importantly contributing to the local community through charity and volunteer work. We look forward to seeing you troop in your costume!
/Nerdgasm

I'm in! I have yet to receive my TK-Id, but so far, my TIE-Reserve and Imperial Crewer uniforms have been approved. w00t! I can't wait to get out on my first troop!
:ani1:

exar
TKID: 13927

Post by exar »

Congratulations!!!

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

exar wrote:Congratulations!!!
Thank you! I go on my first troop tomorrow.

In other news, I got a quote on the finishing and painting of my bucket for no more than $250. For an auto-body glossy finish, I count that money well spent! It goes in Friday. As my helmet is the last piece of the puzzle, I'm looking forward to taking submission shots soon!
:trsuit:

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

Quote on filler, primer, and painting of FP bucket to perfection: $600.

Ouch.
Compromisingm talked them down to $300, at significantly less finishing work. ($80/hr labor)

RaiderNick
TKID: 3957

Post by RaiderNick »

I got mine done for free at my local body shop....Even $300 seems steep.

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

RaiderNick wrote:I got mine done for free at my local body shop....Even $300 seems steep.
Lucky.

I don't begrudge them payment for work. Afterall, they are the best in the area, possibly the state. But it is steep, yes. my paint job will be worth more than the helmet. :wow:

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

The paint job is done on my bucket! Next step, install the rare-earth magnets, add the replacement visor, and take some submission photos!

Unfortunate lamination accident, $25 down the drain. This was a lacross/football faceshield insert, and the heat wasn't even enough or something, so the laminate bubbled. The mirror coating stuck to the plastic when I attempted to remove the laminate. Sithspawn!

Geohazard

Post by Geohazard »

BEFORE:

AFTER!

Amazing transformation. So close to submittal photos! All I need to do is install the visor, and get notification that the alterations to the soft parts are finished, and it's DONE!
:trsuit:

lordzacharious
TKID: 9787

Post by lordzacharious »

Nice!! How much did it end up costing to get it painted?