Helmet sizes

For modifying the Don Post helmet, adding the extras for a Crimson Empire helmet, as well as painting, padding, speakers, fans, etc.

bjsavage7
TKID: 5955

Helmet sizes

Post by bjsavage7 »

The only 2 TR helmets I've held in my hands are an old Don Post, which was too small for me to even get on my head, and (what I think was) a Rubies deluxe. The deluxe fit pretty well, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a Rubies. I know there are other helmet resources, but I need to figure out which one is about that size. If anybody has any intel to share, I'm all ears. Thanks! :)
TR-5955
Florida Garrison, Squad 7

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Helmet sizes

Post by stripes »

There are SA fiberglass options from FP and another source (the name escapes me atm) as well as a resin version that the current DL is fond of. All of them are going to run you in the approx $200 and up range. Unfortunately this is the costliest part of the costume other than fabric for most people.

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

The other fiberglass Royal Guard helmet vendor is MLC. He is probably better known for his Biker Scout helmets then his other SW helmets.
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

bjsavage7

Post by bjsavage7 »

bdgr wrote:The other fiberglass Royal Guard helmet vendor is MLC. He is probably better known for his Biker Scout helmets then his other SW helmets.
Ah. I just thought he made the TB helmets. I'd like to see one of those.
TR-5955

RaiderNick
TKID: 3957

Post by RaiderNick »

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=1209

That's an MLC helmet. I've tried both on. The MLC is better for people with shorter necks, the FP is taller.

bjsavage7

Post by bjsavage7 »

RaiderNick wrote:http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=1209

That's an MLC helmet. I've tried both on. The MLC is better for people with shorter necks, the FP is taller.
I like the look of that. I don't think I have a very long neck at all, so that one might be good for me.
TR-5955

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

I really wish we could get a group of these helmets lined up together for size reference. I'll have to think about how this can be done...

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

That would be really nice... I'd do it, but I think my GF would kill me for spending that much money on guard helmets. :trsuit:

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

stripes wrote:That would be really nice... I'd do it, but I think my GF would kill me for spending that much money on guard helmets. :trsuit:
This is science...you can't let significant others get in the way of science!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

JesterTDA wrote:
stripes wrote:That would be really nice... I'd do it, but I think my GF would kill me for spending that much money on guard helmets. :trsuit:
This is science...you can't let significant others get in the way of science!
What you think your gf was the Emperor or something.... :emp:
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard