Helmet sellers

For patterns, discussion on materials, and places to buy guard related items

darthmaul101079

Helmet sellers

Post by darthmaul101079 »

Can anybody PM me some good sellers of helmets? Thanks!
Todd Lechniak
Garrison Carida
TK/TS/TB/TR-7032
Fear...Fear attracts the fearful...The strong...The weak...The innocent...The currupt. Fear...Fear is my ally!

sternik

Re: Helmet sellers

Post by sternik »

I'm also sertching the helmet ,but maybe somebady know's the seller's from europe .I'm intrested in 2 pieces. :tr: :jax: :)

Dragonstar

Post by Dragonstar »

How often does a Don Post helmet come across ebay, and how much does it go for? I'm wondering how much cash it will take to become a baddie.

Toyhunter80's

Post by Toyhunter80's »

Usually not too often! I have been looking for a DP for less than $100 for a long time. In the past couple of weeks there were a few. I got one for $51, another in its box sold for $100 with $50 shipping. A fiberglass custom went for $61 I think.

Mine should be here today but I do not know if it will fit. From what I have heard most people can't fit into a DP as they run very small. You might want to look for a bigger custom made helmet.

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Well used and sometimes damaged helmets typically sell for under $100, before shipping. One's in better shape usually top $100, but go for less than $200.

In order to get your costume approved, a DP helmet will need to be repainted, have the have the visor area trimmed and modified, and a new visor inserted. So, it really doent' amtter if the helmet you buy is kind scuffed up or dirty. Now, if it is cracked or otherwise broken, you will need to repair it, which can be tricky, depending on your painting and bondo-ing skills.

South American fibre glass helmets can cost under $150 if unpainted, but painted run $300-400 with shipping.

Other custom helmets run $100-$200 depending on size, quality, and what kind of bidding war the bidders start.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

Dragonstar

Post by Dragonstar »

Thanks! These are great suggestions.

Mara_Jade_AZ

Post by Mara_Jade_AZ »

Does anyone know anything about this seller? I was considering bidding on one of his helmets but I don't know anything about him (ie is he a recaster).

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-1-Imperial-Guard- ... 1|294%3A50

Any input is appreciated.

Jumpin Jax

Post by Jumpin Jax »

Well if you're asking if it's a copy of a Post, yes. And it's a bad one, with all the dents and hollows. Yikes.
JJ
Red men tell no tales.

Mara_Jade_AZ

Post by Mara_Jade_AZ »

Ah gotcha. So prolly not a good one to pick up. Good to know. :D

Strofmos

Post by Strofmos »

I've just recieved my South American fiberglass helmet and I'm very happy with it
Although it's heavier than a DP, I think it has less chance of breaking because it's thicker.
It's also larger than DP, but without any deformation because of it larger size.
What I'm saying is, that if you own a DP and you want to make it fit your head, you have to cut it in half and reassemble it again (with spacers) it might (and I stress the "might") look a bit odd.
Although I've seen remarkeble "enlargements" of DP helmets.

I have to say that the fiberglass was very nice layered and the outside of the helmet is very smooth. I had almost no work (some minor gapfilling, but no larger than 1/4 inch) sanding the helmet before I could paint it.